Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast
  1.    1 Week Ago #911
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 26,448
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17063
    Thread Starter

    Thank you Josey. First post updated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    1 Week Ago #912
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 7,411
    Win 10 pro x64

    That last CU messed up Firefox, hence this update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    1 Week Ago #913
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,812
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    That last CU messed up Firefox, hence this update.
    And it's still messed, no sound !!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    1 Week Ago #914
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Posts : 217
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    And it's still messed, no sound !!!!
    I dont have a sound problem with Firefox in W10 or W7 but I know a few users who have worked around that issue by doing this:
    Latest Firefox Released for Windows - Page 91 - Windows 10 Forums

    Bo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    1 Week Ago #915
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 3,154
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    That last CU messed up Firefox, hence this update.

    That CU messed up FF 58 beta 14 as well. Beta 14 build 2 was quickly released and it's now fixed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    1 Week Ago #916
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 7,411
    Win 10 pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by DooGie View Post
    That CU messed up FF 58 beta 14 as well. Beta 14 build 2 was quickly released and it's now fixed
    Thanks DooGie but I am going to wait till the Final Fx 58 comes out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    1 Week Ago #917
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,812
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by bo elam View Post
    I dont have a sound problem with Firefox in W10 or W7 but I know a few users who have worked around that issue by doing this:
    Latest Firefox Released for Windows - Page 91 - Windows 10 Forums

    Bo
    You probably are not on 17063 insider either ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    1 Week Ago #918
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Posts : 217
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    You probably are not on 17063 insider either ?
    I am not but I know a lot of people with sound issues in Firefox. The problem started when Multiprocess was introduced. The people with the problem that I come in contact with are using Sandboxie. There is a conflict between Sandboxie and Multiprocess, that generates no sound in Firefox when running sandboxed (affects some users, not all). In your case, you are not using Sandboxie, but something else in your PC might be conflicting with Multiprocess that causes the sound in Firefox not to work. Perhaps something in the insider build is conflicting.

    I am just trying to help Mike. Takes a couple of minutes to try the workarounds. If they work for you, you ll see the difference immediately.

    From today:
    Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea | Page 172 | Wilders Security Forums

    About a month ago:
    Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea | Page 170 | Wilders Security Forums

    Its been like that for a few months:
    Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea | Page 166 | Wilders Security Forums

    Firefox 56/57 sound not working when sandboxed - Sandboxie Support


      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    1 Week Ago #919
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 9,944
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by bo elam View Post
    I am not but I know a lot of people with sound issues in Firefox. The problem started when Multiprocess was introduced. The people with the problem that I come in contact with are using Sandboxie. There is a conflict between Sandboxie and Multiprocess, that generates no sound in Firefox when running sandboxed (affects some users, not all). In your case, you are not using Sandboxie, but something else in your PC might be conflicting with Multiprocess that causes the sound in Firefox not to work. Perhaps something in the insider build is conflicting.

    I am just trying to help Mike. Takes a couple of minutes to try the workarounds. If they work for you, you ll see the difference immediately.

    From today:
    Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea | Page 172 | Wilders Security Forums

    About a month ago:
    Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea | Page 170 | Wilders Security Forums

    Its been like that for a few months:
    Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea | Page 166 | Wilders Security Forums

    Firefox 56/57 sound not working when sandboxed - Sandboxie Support


    Bo, think this is another thing...

    look here on reddit thread before Christmas

    Very plausible. Workaround would be to change cubeb_wasapi.cpp - DXR
    as follows

    hr = stm->audio_stream_volume->SetAllVolumes(channels, volumes);
    if (hr != S_OK) {
    LOG("could not set the channels volume: %lx", hr);
    return CUBEB_ERROR;
    }

    to

    hr = stm->audio_stream_volume->SetAllVolumes(channels, volumes);
    if (FAILED(hr)) {
    LOG("could not set the channels volume: %lx", hr);
    return CUBEB_ERROR;
    }
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    1 Week Ago #920
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 7,411
    Win 10 pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by bo elam View Post
    I am not but I know a lot of people with sound issues in Firefox. The problem started when Multiprocess was introduced. The people with the problem that I come in contact with are using Sandboxie. There is a conflict between Sandboxie and Multiprocess, that generates no sound in Firefox when running sandboxed (affects some users, not all). In your case, you are not using Sandboxie, but something else in your PC might be conflicting with Multiprocess that causes the sound in Firefox not to work. Perhaps something in the insider build is conflicting.

    I am just trying to help Mike. Takes a couple of minutes to try the workarounds. If they work for you, you ll see the difference immediately.

    From today:
    Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea | Page 172 | Wilders Security Forums

    About a month ago:
    Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea | Page 170 | Wilders Security Forums

    Its been like that for a few months:
    Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea | Page 166 | Wilders Security Forums

    Firefox 56/57 sound not working when sandboxed - Sandboxie Support


    Firefox 57 ...58 both have a private browsing feature, there is no need to use sandboxie.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Latest CCleaner Version Released
Latest CCleaner Version Released CCleaner 5.39.6399 Release Date: January 16th 2017 CCleaner Download Link Be sure to look at the Install Options to uncheck any potential PUPs to prevent them getting installed along with CCleaner....
Software and Apps
The latest released Windows 10 Pro version?
My version is Build 10240 pushed to me from MS. I have it on a desktop Pc and a Thinkpad 450. Theres is a lot of errors in the eventviewer on both Pc's and it is the same errors. About 8 perflib errors when starting up and a lot of ESENT errors...
General Support
Latest Killer Drivers Released (& Software) for Windows 10
Just noticed that they updated their software August 12 2015. Source: Killer Networking Driver Downloads Apologies if already posted. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.
Drivers and Hardware
Firefox 39.0.3 Released today
With Firefox 40 due pretty soon, Mozilla released Firefox 39.0.3 as did Cyberfox. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#firefox Firefox 39.0.3 Firefox ESR 38.1.1
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums