Latest Firefox Released for Windows

  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,126
    Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928
       #891

    elbmek said:
    I use 100% sound on my pc, the speakers are never off. What is it with browsers? I was under the impression they had the customer at heart, or so FF claim anyway

    Assuming the lack of Java and flash appears, or rather disappears, how many programmes, estimate, will become unserviceable??
    This one isn't FF's fault, Elbmek . . . Microsoft's Insider Build 17063 broke FF, not the other way around. Read this linky

    PSA: If you use Firefox, don't upgrade to 17063 (It breaks sound playback) : Windows10

    and you should understand what happened.
      My Computer

  2.   My Computer

  3. elbmek's Avatar
    Posts : 1,958
    Win 10 x 64 Home. Pro x 64 on Surface.
       #893

    cheers jw
      My Computer

  4. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,337
       #894

    Been trying-out Quantum for about a week now, and not too impessed TBH...

    Bank site does not open to main page, Google search sometimes gets page not found (have to re-try like 3x before it connects), and today was unable to upload to GitHub with no errors reported from FF (worked fine on Chrome 1st time... Edge gave no progress bar but did upload some before I gave up thinking nothink was happening)
      My Computer

  5. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,859
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #895

    Superfly said:
    Been trying-out Quantum for about a week now, and not too impessed TBH...

    Bank site does not open to main page, Google search sometimes gets page not found (have to re-try like 3x before it connects), and today was unable to upload to GitHub with no errors reported from FF (worked fine on Chrome 1st time... Edge gave no progress bar but did upload some before I gave up thinking nothink was happening)
    After only a week how could you be? Give it some time. I am using Firefox 58 Beta 14 and it rocks as did 57.0.3. Quantum is a great deal more secure than previous releases.
      My Computer

  6. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,422
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #896

    Josey Wales said:
    After only a week how could you be? Give it some time. I am using Firefox 58 Beta 14 and it rocks as did 57.0.3. Quantum is a great deal more secure than previous releases.
    I agree with you on FF 58 beta 14 Josey :)
      My Computer

  7. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,337
       #897

    Josey Wales said:
    After only a week how could you be? Give it some time. I am using Firefox 58 Beta 14 and it rocks as did 57.0.3. Quantum is a great deal more secure than previous releases.
    I'm all for secure BUT a week is good enuf...it does not work for my most basic needs!
      My Computer

  8. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,859
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #898

    Superfly said:
    I'm all for secure BUT a week is good enuf...it does not work for my most basic needs!
    I can say the same about Chrome. Firefox does NOT leave processes running 2 hours after it is closed. Did you use Legacy Extensions? How many Processes did you use. I use 4 and they all close with Firefox.
      My Computer

  9. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,337
       #899

    Josey Wales said:
    I can say the same about Chrome. Firefox does NOT leave processes running 2 hours after it is closed. Did you use Legacy Extensions? How many Processes did you use. I use 4 and they all close with Firefox.
    No... it's not about performance - it's just not connecting - basic stuff!
      My Computer

  10. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,859
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #900

    Superfly said:
    No... it's not about performance - it's just not connecting - basic stuff!
    I have no problems uploading to Github or any other site. If what you say is true then there would be many complaints and I have not seen any.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums