Latest Firefox Released for Windows

  1. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,693
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #571

    f14tomcat said:
    Last Pass? But I guess all the developers have stuff in the oven, if they can. We'll see.....
    All of those extensions you have marked a Legacy in Yellow will cease to work with Firefox 57.
      My Computer

  2. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,693
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #572

    Edwin said:
    After lots of tweaking, Firefox Nightly is now the memory hog!

    Speed and Performance are pretty much neck-and-neck though!

    Attachment 147713
    I used the same tweaks you did and Fx 57 does use memory but the size of it is 1/2 of what Chrome was Chrome used over 300 mb of space while fx 57 is only using 145.9Mb
      My Computer

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,987
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #573

    Josey Wales said:
    All of those extensions you have marked a Legacy in Yellow will cease to work with Firefox 57.
    In their current form/version, yes. I just can't believe something like Last Pass will just die.
      My Computers

  4. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,693
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #574

    f14tomcat said:
    In their current form/version, yes. I just can't believe something like Last Pass will just die.
    It all depends on the Devs. Many of them are quite upset about this, but yeah an extension like Last Pass will probably be made 57 compatible. No third party theme will even work properly in 55 as it breaks the multi process thing.
      My Computer

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,987
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #575

    Josey Wales said:
    It all depends on the Devs. Many of them are quite upset about this, but yeah an extension like Last Pass will probably be made 57 compatible. No third party theme will even work properly in 55 as it breaks the multi process thing.
    No doubt there will be some scurrying between now and Nov. We'll just have to see what happens.
      My Computers

  6. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,693
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #576

    f14tomcat said:
    No doubt there will be some scurrying between now and Nov. We'll just have to see what happens.
    It moves to Aurora which is now beta in August so I think it will be released long before Nov,

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-57.jpg
      My Computer

  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,987
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #577

    Josey Wales said:
    It moves to Aurora which is now beta in August so I think it will be released long before Nov,

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-57.jpg
    Nov was the only date I had ever heard. Roll down a couple of pages here:

    The Road to Firefox 57 Compatibility Milestones | Mozilla Add-ons Blog
      My Computers

  8. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,693
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #578

    f14tomcat said:
    Nov was the only date I had ever heard. Roll down a couple of pages here:

    The Road to Firefox 57 Compatibility Milestones | Mozilla Add-ons Blog
    Well from 8.22.2017 till November is quite a long time to test a simple browser. Maybe they are giving the Devs till November to get their extensions in order??
      My Computer

  9. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,046
    Windows 10
       #579

    Enable 'hidden' Screenshot feature in Firefox 55.0, (standard in later builds):

    In about:config, toggle the extensions.screenshots.system-disabled to False

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-000506.png
      My Computer

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,987
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #580

    Josey Wales said:
    Well from 8.22.2017 till November is quite a long time to test a simple browser. Maybe they are giving the Devs till November to get their extensions in order??
    No idea, Josey. Just found that Mozilla blog when Googling for 57 release date. Maybe they have to go thru something like Redmond does, self-host it until they're in love with it.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums