Latest Firefox Released for Windows

  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,130
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #2031

    Just tested thru Help>About Firefox, and it does download and update.

    66.0.5 from Mozilla Firefox Official:

    Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/66.0.5/
      My Computers

  2. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,736
    Win 10 Pro 19043.928
       #2032

    f14tomcat said:
    66.0.5 from Mozilla Firefox Official:

    Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/66.0.5/
    Thanks for the clarification , the link I posted was also official links to the same place.
      My Computer

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,130
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #2033

    Josey Wales said:
    Thanks for the clarification , the link I posted was also official links to the same place.
    Indirectly, yes. Anyone who would rather do the direct from vendor can use the official link. That's what is normally posted here in the past.

    Thank you.
      My Computers

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,329
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #2034

    Thank you. First post updated.
      My Computers

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,974
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #2035

    f14tomcat said:
    Just tested thru Help>About Firefox, and it does download and update.

    66.0.5 from Mozilla Firefox Official:

    Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/66.0.5/
    Yep, mine's been doing that all along. I just do Help>About Firefox, and it does the download and update, then tells me to restart. Much simpler.
      My Computer

  6. Compumind's Avatar
    Posts : 2,717
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #2036
      My Computer

  7. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,736
    Win 10 Pro 19043.928
       #2037

    f14tomcat said:
    Indirectly, yes. Anyone who would rather do the direct from vendor can use the official link. That's what is normally posted here in the past.

    Thank you.
    It is like this TC, I saw it on MG and posted it. I also do not have a clue on how to get to Firefox's FTP site. Maybe you can explain?
      My Computer

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,130
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #2038

    Josey Wales said:
    It is like this TC, I saw it on MG and posted it. I also do not have a clue on how to get to Firefox's FTP site. Maybe you can explain?
    It's no big deal, Josey. That was from 2 hours ago. Anyway, Google "Firefox FTP". First thing that pops up is the directory listing link.

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-2019-05-07_20h28_25.png

    Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/

    Scroll down until you get to 66.0.5. Click it. You get this:

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-2019-05-07_20h32_37.png

    Click the 64 or 32 bit, then pick the language, click it, and pick either the .exe or .msi.

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-2019-05-07_20h34_11.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest Firefox Released for Windows-2019-05-07_20h31_36.png  
      My Computers

  9. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,736
    Win 10 Pro 19043.928
       #2039

    f14tomcat said:
    It's no big deal, Josey. That was from 2 hours ago. Anyway, Google "Firefox FTP". First thing that pops up is the directory listing link.

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-2019-05-07_20h28_25.png

    Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/

    Scroll down until you get to 66.0.5. Click it. You get this:

    Attachment 233064

    Click the 64 or 32 bit, then pick the language, click it, and pick either the .exe or .msi.

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-2019-05-07_20h34_11.png
    Thanks TC
      My Computer

  10. elbmek's Avatar
    Posts : 1,895
    Win 10 x 64 Home. Pro x 64 on Surface.
       #2040

    ok, so whats the difference between FF and FF Quantum. If Quantum is a faster version why do FF differentiate between the two. Just release it as higher version of FF?? FF is bad enough, so I may try downloading and running quantum, see if there is any difference .... clock is tickin'

    edit: went onto search typed in FF quantum and got an installer, so clicked on it and it wants privacy information - bye.
    There appears to be no info on quantum in downloads areas, so am going back to read this thread again in case I missed a direct link.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums