Windows 10: Latest Firefox Released for Windows

  1.    26 May 2018 #1141

    Wynona said: View Post
    This latest version of Firefox 60.0.1 keeps freezing up on me. I've read of it happening to others, but this is the first version that's done it to me.

    Anyone else getting freeze-ups?
    Only when it can't find or open a page but that was happening before too. When that happens, I can't switch tabs or do anything but close that tab or even whole FF.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,474
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       26 May 2018 #1142

    CountMike said: View Post
    Only when it can't find or open a page but that was happening before too. When that happens, I can't switch tabs or do anything but close that tab or even whole FF.
    The only way I can close FF when it freezes is to go to Task Manager and close it from there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    26 May 2018 #1143

    Wynona said: View Post
    The only way I can close FF when it freezes is to go to Task Manager and close it from there.
    Yeah, does that to me sometimes too Wynona, its been doing it for a while thou, nothing new for me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    26 May 2018 #1144

    Wynona said: View Post
    This latest version of Firefox 60.0.1 keeps freezing up on me. I've read of it happening to others, but this is the first version that's done it to me.

    Anyone else getting freeze-ups?
    I was so I went on to Firefox 61 Beta 8

    Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/61.0b8/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,474
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       26 May 2018 #1145

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    I was so I went on to Firefox 61 Beta 8

    Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/61.0b8/
    So, that cleared up the freezes, Josey?

    If it did, maybe I should do the same.

    Edit I can't make heads nor tails out of those directories, so I guess I'll just keep using Edge for the time being. Barf!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,649
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       26 May 2018 #1146

    Wynona said: View Post
    This latest version of Firefox 60.0.1 keeps freezing up on me. I've read of it happening to others, but this is the first version that's done it to me.

    Anyone else getting freeze-ups?
    @Wynona I have one similar problem with my wife's old laptop.. FF like to take all of available CPU Like you said, only way to get it back is by going to Task manager and kill FF process (at least one of them).

    I'm not getting much access to that laptop, so couldn't play much, but did read some threads out there. There are some users, claiming to have success with enabling hardware acceleration (video) and restricting software emulation of video stuff..
    Not sure how, since didn't finish my homework..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,474
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       26 May 2018 #1147

    Wynona said: View Post
    So, that cleared up the freezes, Josey?

    If it did, maybe I should do the same.

    Edit I can't make heads nor tails out of those directories, so I guess I'll just keep using Edge for the time being. Barf!
    I figured it out, Josey. Now we'll see if FF continues to freeze up on me. Thanks for the link.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,474
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       26 May 2018 #1148

    AndreTen said: View Post
    @Wynona I have one similar problem with my wife's old laptop.. FF like to take all of available CPU Like you said, only way to get it back is by going to Task manager and kill FF process (at least one of them).

    I'm not getting much access to that laptop, so couldn't play much, but did read some threads out there. There are some users, claiming to have success with enabling hardware acceleration (video) and restricting software emulation of video stuff..
    Not sure how, since didn't finish my homework..
    I don't think that's my problem, Andre, since I've never had this problem before. Probably just something about my system that doesn't agree with FF.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    26 May 2018 #1149

    Wynona said: View Post
    So, that cleared up the freezes, Josey?

    If it did, maybe I should do the same.

    Edit I can't make heads nor tails out of those directories, so I guess I'll just keep using Edge for the time being. Barf!
    64Bit--https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/61.0b8/win64/en-US/

    32Bit--https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/61.0b8/win32/en-US/

    Yes it stopped freezing.. Use the default dark theme
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,352
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       26 May 2018 #1150

    FF version 61 beta 8 working fine here as well Josey. For some reason I've always found the beta releases more solid than the final releases. When v61 goes final I'll be straight onto 62 betas.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Latest CCleaner Version Released in Software and Apps
Latest CCleaner Version Released CCleaner 5.47.6716 Release Date: September 20, 2018 CCleaner Download Link Be sure to look at the Install Options to uncheck any potential PUPs to prevent them getting installed along with CCleaner....
My version is Build 10240 pushed to me from MS. I have it on a desktop Pc and a Thinkpad 450. Theres is a lot of errors in the eventviewer on both Pc's and it is the same errors. About 8 perflib errors when starting up and a lot of ESENT errors...
Just noticed that they updated their software August 12 2015. Source: Killer Networking Driver Downloads Apologies if already posted. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.
Firefox 39.0.3 Released today in Browsers and Email
With Firefox 40 due pretty soon, Mozilla released Firefox 39.0.3 as did Cyberfox. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#firefox Firefox 39.0.3 Firefox ESR 38.1.1

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:49.
Find Us