Windows 10: Latest Firefox Released for Windows

  1.    07 Feb 2018 #1051

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000558.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	176013
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 123
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1809 (OS Build: 17763.55)
       08 Feb 2018 #1052

    :). . . .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	176100

    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    08 Feb 2018 #1053

    For some reason, while Chrome plays HD youtube videos fine, Firefox 58 does not play them at all in my Windows 10 Pro setup. Is there a way to fix this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 Feb 2018 #1054

    zanxion said: View Post
    For some reason, while Chrome plays HD youtube videos fine, Firefox 58 does not play them at all in my Windows 10 Pro setup. Is there a way to fix this?
    Can you post a link to one of those video's that your FF won't run, I'll test it on my FF 58.2
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    08 Feb 2018 #1055

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Can you post a link to one of those video's that your FF won't run, I'll test it on my FF 58.2
    Here is one:
    The Eagles - Hotel California solo (Cover by Chloé) - YouTube

    And another one:
    Deep Purple solo by Gretchen Menn - YouTube

    Both play wonderfully in Chrome, but in firefox they stop after two-three frames.
    I run firefox on Windows 10 Pro 64bit on a Dell Latitude E4300 with the GMA 4500MHD graphics chipset.

    My Firefox is v58.0.1. I can see these plugins already installed:
    OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc.
    Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc.

    Could it be something missing?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Feb 2018 #1056

    Works perfectly here.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    08 Feb 2018 #1057

    zanxion said: View Post
    Here is one:
    The Eagles - Hotel California solo (Cover by Chloé) - YouTube

    And another one:
    Deep Purple solo by Gretchen Menn - YouTube

    Both play wonderfully in Chrome, but in firefox they stop after two-three frames.
    I run firefox on Windows 10 Pro 64bit on a Dell Latitude E4300 with the GMA 4500MHD graphics chipset.

    My Firefox is v58.0.1. I can see these plugins already installed:
    OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc.
    Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc.

    Could it be something missing?
    Could not run the 1st one, because it reported not available in my country. :)
    2nd one ran fine, no issues. Latest FF is 58.0.2 Also. You need to update.
    What I would suggest is do a Clean install of your FF. Make a backup of your bookmarks and Passwords before removing your FF. I've had to do a clean install, and after I did, FF ran better and faster than it ever did. :) You could try using this older app for making your FF backup.
    Download Mozbackup - MajorGeeks
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,850
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       08 Feb 2018 #1058

    Good, isn't she?

    In FF 58.0.2 (x64) Stats for Nerds:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stats for nerds.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	495.7 KB 
ID:	176140

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF 58-0-2 plugins.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	176141
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    08 Feb 2018 #1059

    Both links work here under normal settings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    08 Feb 2018 #1060

    Bree said: View Post
    Good, isn't she?

    In FF 58.0.2 (x64) Stats for Nerds:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stats for nerds.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	495.7 KB 
ID:	176140

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF 58-0-2 plugins.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	176141
    Good indeed!

    I have tried removing and cleaning up FFox but at no avail.

    Eventually I have tried something from the 4X era of FFox, disabling the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option.
    CPU usage has fallen from 78 down to 35% and the HD youtube videos play now nicely!
    Strange, but it works! :)

    A great thank you to you all!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Latest CCleaner Version Released in Software and Apps
Latest CCleaner Version Released CCleaner 5.47.6716 Release Date: September 20, 2018 CCleaner Download Link Be sure to look at the Install Options to uncheck any potential PUPs to prevent them getting installed along with CCleaner....
My version is Build 10240 pushed to me from MS. I have it on a desktop Pc and a Thinkpad 450. Theres is a lot of errors in the eventviewer on both Pc's and it is the same errors. About 8 perflib errors when starting up and a lot of ESENT errors...
Just noticed that they updated their software August 12 2015. Source: Killer Networking Driver Downloads Apologies if already posted. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.
Firefox 39.0.3 Released today in Browsers and Email
With Firefox 40 due pretty soon, Mozilla released Firefox 39.0.3 as did Cyberfox. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#firefox Firefox 39.0.3 Firefox ESR 38.1.1

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:36.
Find Us