Latest Firefox Released for Windows

  1. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,842
    Win 10 Pro 19043.964
       #1011

    elbmek said:
    I think it was Josey, some time ago, who said, dont install x64 but x32 whatever you are on. Does this still hold good, mine has just, this minute, gone onto 58.01 but x64 bit is in.
    Not me, X64 is way better than 32bit. What I said was it is better to remove the old release and then install the new one. It makes for a cleaner Profile.
      My Computer

  2. elbmek's Avatar
    Posts : 1,953
    Win 10 x 64 Home. Pro x 64 on Surface.
       #1012

    understood. It was not in reference to the uninstall, reinstall - whoever said it mentioned that, at that time, it was best to use FF in 32 bit mode rather than 64 on a 64 system. Maybe FF has improved on that score over several updates? I currently am running FF as defauly 58.1 x 64. Seems a lot faster than it was and that damned regular warning that FF was still open, even though I had closed it, seems to have gone.
      My Computer

  3. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,842
    Win 10 Pro 19043.964
       #1013

    elbmek said:
    understood. It was not in reference to the uninstall, reinstall - whoever said it mentioned that, at that time, it was best to use FF in 32 bit mode rather than 64 on a 64 system. Maybe FF has improved on that score over several updates? I currently am running FF as defauly 58.1 x 64. Seems a lot faster than it was and that damned regular warning that FF was still open, even though I had closed it, seems to have gone.
    I have used 64 Bit Firefox for a few years without any issues.
      My Computer

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,096
    Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928
       #1014

    elbmek said:
    I think it was Josey, some time ago, who said, dont install x64 but x32 whatever you are on. Does this still hold good, mine has just, this minute, gone onto 58.01 but x64 bit is in.
    Good morning, Elbmek. With one of these latest updates, FF gained the ability to install 64 bit on x64 computers. I was using 32 bit, but when this became possible, FF changed mine to 64bit. I haven't had any problems so far.
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,816
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21376
    Thread Starter
       #1015

    First post updated for 58.0.1. :)
      My Computers

  6. elbmek's Avatar
    Posts : 1,953
    Win 10 x 64 Home. Pro x 64 on Surface.
       #1016

    Wynona said:
    Good morning, Elbmek. With one of these latest updates, FF gained the ability to install 64 bit on x64 computers. I was using 32 bit, but when this became possible, FF changed mine to 64bit. I haven't had any problems so far.
    well I am on 58.0.1 and so far so good.
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,816
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21376
    Thread Starter
       #1017
      My Computers

  8. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,456
    Windows 10
       #1018

    If I could voice search within Firefox, I'd be sold!

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-000507.jpg
      My Computer

  9. elbmek's Avatar
    Posts : 1,953
    Win 10 x 64 Home. Pro x 64 on Surface.
       #1019

    Edwin said:
    If I could voice search within Firefox, I'd be sold!

    Latest Firefox Released for Windows-000507.jpg
    who said that!!

    Josey, do you have shares in Mozilla
      My Computer

  10. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,842
    Win 10 Pro 19043.964
       #1020

    elbmek said:
    who said that!!

    Josey, do you have shares in Mozilla
    No, Mozilla is open source and not listed on The NYSE
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums