Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    02 Oct 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 6
    win 10

    Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin


    Since I updated to win 10... There is an icon that looks like a shield with bluenand yellow squares on chrome icon... Any idea how to fix thi? It's annoying

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 Oct 2015 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,116
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    have you tried to uninstall chrome, then reinstall??
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    02 Oct 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 6
    win 10
    Thread Starter

    Yes many times . This morning again hoping something might have been updated
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Oct 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,116
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    I run chrome and my icon is fine.....strange that yours shows different, I have UAC off on my computer, maybe yours is on.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    02 Oct 2015 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Left coast but not a progressive liberal
    Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by paascal View Post
    Since I updated to win 10... There is an icon that looks like a shield with bluenand yellow squares on chrome icon... Any idea how to fix thi? It's annoying

    Thanks
    Did you delete all the chrome folders in your x86 or program folders and application data and appp data sub folders if not
    before re inastalling Chrome ?

    ( Maybe ) try that and or deletening any references to chrome in the registry just a shot in the dark .

    Somwething must hacve screwed up something in the UAC/sharing permissions relating to Chrome .

    FWIW disabling UAC can invite instabilities in general sometimes I dont think I would go there myself .

    Normal settiing for UAC slider is in the middle and *make sure* you download Chrome from Google not a maleware geyser like softpedia or downloads .com
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Oct 2015 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,116
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    He would need a 3rd party app for that. Like Glary's Utilites to remove the registry entries, CCleaner won't get them all. Both are free thou.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    02 Oct 2015 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Left coast but not a progressive liberal
    Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    He would need a 3rd party app for that. Like Glary's Utilites to remove the registry entries, CCleaner won't get them all. Both are free thou.
    use regedit edit find and find next that should get them and the sub keys if you use it right.

    I've cleaned some nasty malware for some folks and junk I didn't want from unistalls like that .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Oct 2015 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,116
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by blutos cousin View Post
    use regedit edit find and find next that should get them and the sub keys if you use it right.

    I've cleaned some nasty malware for some folks and junk I didn't want from unistalls like that .
    Yes I've used it too, but takes a lot of time, a GOOD 3rd party reg cleaner can do it in a few sec's. Either way works I guess.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    02 Oct 2015 #9
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Left coast but not a progressive liberal
    Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Yes I've used it too, but takes a lot of time, a GOOD 3rd party reg cleaner can do it in a few sec's. Either way works I guess.
    Usualy not more than 5 - 10 min max in my exprience ,usually less and I can see whats going on even if I dont know what everything is .

    OTOH sometimes CCleaner free works fine ( good starting point as reg cleaners go ) if you dont want to do a manual edit and use the slegehammer appoach ☻☻.

    In my experience a lot of the other 3rd party reg cleaners are dodgy and can screw things up in a big way but like you say a good reg cleaner is fast.

    Glary might be good like you say and stronger than CCleaner it has a good rep. I've used it to recover deleted files it's hit and miss there depending if the've been overwritten or damaged or not which is understandable .

    CCleaner (free) has otherwise been safe in my experience . I use it now and then when I'm being lazy after some uninstalls it seems to be OK for the most part but sometimes I go in and do a manual edit for leftovers of a particular software
    after an uninstall (or other junk ) after using CCleaner and I find stuff sometimes maybe Glary is better but they can all be risky as can an edit if you dont back up the reg .

    I have Chrome on 3 Windows 10 RTM upgraded PC's here and on 10547 no problems .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    02 Oct 2015 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,116
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by blutos cousin View Post
    Usualy not more than 5 - 10 min max in my exprience ,usually less and I can see whats going on even if I dont know what everything is .

    OTOH sometimes CCleaner free works fine ( good starting point as reg cleaners go ) if you dont want to do a manual edit and use the slegehammer appoach ☻☻.

    In my experience a lot of the other 3rd party reg cleaners are dodgy and can screw things up in a big way but like you say a good reg cleaner is fast.

    Glary might be good like you say and stronger than CCleaner it has a good rep. I've used it to recover deleted files it's hit and miss there depending if the've been overwritten or damaged or not which is understandable .

    CCleaner (free) has otherwise been safe in my experience . I use it now and then when I'm being lazy after some uninstalls it seems to be OK for the most part but sometimes I go in and do a manual edit for leftovers of a particular software
    after an uninstall (or other junk ) after using CCleaner and I find stuff sometimes maybe Glary is better but they can all be risky as can an edit if you dont back up the reg .

    I have Chrome on 3 Windows 10 RTM upgraded PC's here and on 10547 no problems .
    Well Your right about reg cleaners. I do use 3 different ones, also use regedit too if I feel like using it. My programs (3rd party) are registered. If I like a program, I end up buying it. Now after a period of years doing this, I have a lot of registered apps. Glarys thou is one of the few I have not bought, only because he wants money after you buy it, EVERY year. Don't care for that can of registration from a programmer. But its a good piece of software.
    I also run Chrome on my 3 computers. Its my 2nd browser, still have IE 11 as my default. 2 computers run 10 Pro, 1 runs 7 pro.
    No hurry to upgrade my win 7 pro yet.....after Microsoft release our fixpack next month then I will most likely, install 10 pro on my last computer.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Popups and freezing - Google Chrome
I use Google Chrome web browser and recently I have been having a couple of problems: 1. It has taken to freezing when I close a tab (not every time and always a different tab) 2. I now see ads like the attached appearing periodically in a...
Browsers and Email
Google Chrome help
Hi After updating to the new version 45.02454.85m Google chrome. some of the web site that to go on to I can no longer get the images to load up. Is anyone besides me having this problem? Is there s fixes? Thank you
Browsers and Email
Solved Google Chrome display lag FIX
A common issue I am finding with Windows 10 is display lag, particularly in the address bar. The vast majority of these issues I have seen have been resolved by simply disabling "Use Hardware Acceleration when available". To do this simply go to...
Browsers and Email
Back to Google Chrome
I keep on trying Edge because I really LOVE the lightning fast speed of the thing. But I'm now going back to Chrome for good UNTIL MS release more improvements to Edge. The current version of Edge has too many annoyances and little things that...
Browsers and Email
New Chrome - Google Chrome 42.0.2311.90 (Official Build) m (64-bit)
Anyone upgrading to the new Chrome stable build 42.0.2311.90 and would like to revert back to the standard Bookmark Manager, here is how.... Type about:flags in search bar, press enter. Disable flag: Enable Enhanced BookmarksMac, Windows,...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums