Microsoft Edge Firewall Problem


  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #1

    Microsoft Edge Firewall Problem


    Hi there,

    Installed windows 10 and it's pretty cool although when I used Microsoft Edge with a proxy and with Avast I must disable windows firewall to work with Microsoft edge.

    Tried to use windows store needs that firewall must be up and running, weird thing .

    Is there any solution for this or someone has expirienced this situation ?

    Thanks in advanced.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #2

    Didn't find solution


    HI there,

    Anyone has discover the situation ?

    LMSSML said:
    Hi there,

    Installed windows 10 and it's pretty cool although when I used Microsoft Edge with a proxy and with Avast I must disable windows firewall to work with Microsoft edge.

    Tried to use windows store needs that firewall must be up and running, weird thing .

    Is there any solution for this or someone has expirienced this situation ?

    Thanks in advanced.
      My Computer

  3. hTconeM9user's Avatar
    Posts : 2,806
    Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2009 (build 19042.928)
       #3

    LMSSML said:
    HI there,

    Anyone has discover the situation ?
    Hi why are you using a proxy?
    Also have you only just installed Avast, also have you got the latest version.?
    Is it only Edge it is doing it with.?
    Have you put Edge in as a trusted app or site ?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    hTconeM9user said:
    Hi why are you using a proxy?
    Also have you only just installed Avast, also have you got the latest version.?
    Is it only Edge it is doing it with.?
    Have you put Edge in as a trusted app or site ?
    Hi hTconeM9user

    Thanks for the questiona.

    Awnser to all the questiona.

    Hi why are you using a proxy?
    I'm using a proxy hás it be protocoledby the enterprise.

    Also have you only just installed Avast, also have you got the latest version.?
    Only avast is instalied, although I got windows defender installed and I've remover it.

    Is it only Edge it is doing it with.?
    Yes it's only edge that is doing i t, using chore or firefox no problem

    Have you put Edge in as a trusted app or site ?
    I'vê tried to put hás a trusted application on firewall, iene tried to open all porta but no luck.

    Hope to answer to all questions, and hope to era you soon.

    Thanks in advanced
      My Computer

  5. hTconeM9user's Avatar
    Posts : 2,806
    Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2009 (build 19042.928)
       #5

    It could be Avast playing up

    Bitdefender do a free version that works ok with windows 10 and Edge
    Bull Guard is free but never used it
    McAfee live safe does as well but it is not free
    I have that one and has no trouble at all with it
    Have you free Avast or paid version
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    hTconeM9user said:
    It could be Avast playing up

    Bitdefender do a free version that works ok with windows 10 and Edge
    Bull Guard is free but never used it
    McAfee live safe does as well but it is not free
    I have that one and has no trouble at all with it
    Have you free Avast or paid version

    Hi There,

    thanks for the awnser but indeed the problem is not Avast.
    Th eproblem is windows fivela service if I start it the edge dose not work if the service is stopped edge is working and no problema appears.

    I've tried to add rules on firewall but the problem persist.

    Only the windows firewall service stopped edge only works.

    Thanks in advanced.
      My Computer

  7. hTconeM9user's Avatar
    Posts : 2,806
    Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2009 (build 19042.928)
       #7

    Avast has it own firewall so why have windows one on as well
    Make sure avast firewall is on and shut windows one off
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    hTconeM9user said:
    Avast has it own firewall so why have windows one on as well
    Make sure avast firewall is on and shut windows one off

    Hi Theere,

    I even made the removable off avast and problem remains.
    That's weird, if I stop firewall windows service and edge works perfectly.
    Last edited by LMSSML; 06 Oct 2015 at 04:48.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums