Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       28 Jan 2016 #11

    I found the solution to this problem. Click on the New Notifications list on the bottom right of your screen where you probably have a whole list of " Outlook settings are out of date". Right click one of these and choose not to receive notifications from this app. Done, no more "Outlook settings are out of date". This is a glitch from Microsoft which they will probably not fix and why would you want to receive notifications from this app anyway since all you are receiving is junk.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 8
    windows 10 Pro
       28 Jan 2016 #12

    Sounds like an easier fix. Thanks


    gweaver said: View Post
    I found the solution to this problem. Click on the New Notifications list on the bottom right of your screen where you probably have a whole list of " Outlook settings are out of date". Right click one of these and choose not to receive notifications from this app. Done, no more "Outlook settings are out of date". This is a glitch from Microsoft which they will probably not fix and why would you want to receive notifications from this app anyway since all you are receiving is junk.
    Thanks for the info on applying the fix. It sounds easier.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro & iOS 10
       02 Mar 2016 #13

    I should've looked for this question earlier on this site. Unfortunately, I've tried this remedy before & it may have temporarily fixed it, but them occurred again. I would love to get rid of the notifications, but the problem is, it stops getting emails shortly after the fix message appears.

    I've tried it on multiple MS accounts on my computer. I've also tried it on a local admin account that would connect to the email accounts I was using. Also, it happens to my gmail account as well as my 2 outlook accounts. It's not just the outlook account.
    My wife's computer. which is a HP laptop, connects to one of the same accounts as me, but I don't recall her ever getting that message.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 8
    windows 10 Pro
       02 Mar 2016 #14

    HI roystreet, I believe that if you look at DustSailors answer, it may work out for you. It seemed to help Irpnzorg79.

    Good luick with this!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro & iOS 10
       02 Mar 2016 #15

    Sorry, it doesn't. Your Outlook account settings are out of date
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 8
    windows 10 Pro
       03 Mar 2016 #16

    Sorry to hear that Roystreet.

    My solution was to just click on the Link button(s) in the outlook app on your computer. Make sure you can sign in to the Outlook Web App first. This sounds too easy, but it did work for me. Link everything...Inbox. I believe I posted on Page 1.

    All the best Roystreet.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro & iOS 10
       03 Mar 2016 #17

    Yes, I wish it was that easy for me. Different things are helping people. On some threads a suggestion will be offered and it will help several people, but the others say, "I tried it and it didn't work"

    Unfortunately, I'm one of those "it didn't work for me" people for this problem. It certainly would help knowing the actual source of this issue is. Is it Windows 10? My computer? The MS account? Their servers?

    I can't tell what triggers it either, it's not consistent
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 8
    windows 10 Pro
       03 Mar 2016 #18

    roystreet said: View Post
    Yes, I wish it was that easy for me. Different things are helping people. On some threads a suggestion will be offered and it will help several people, but the others say, "I tried it and it didn't work"

    Unfortunately, I'm one of those "it didn't work for me" people for this problem. It certainly would help knowing the actual source of this issue is. Is it Windows 10? My computer? The MS account? Their servers?

    I can't tell what triggers it either, it's not consistent
    I feel bad Roystreet. I hope someone can post something different that may work for you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro & iOS 10
       03 Mar 2016 #19

    One day...Maybe I'll wake up in the middle of the night and say... "I've got it! I've figured it out!" Your Outlook account settings are out of date

    Then MS will hire me to fix the problem with their systemYour Outlook account settings are out of date haha

    It's OK, I've spent so much time on this in the past. I'm not willing to continue to invest so much into figuring it out all the time. I'll just try to work around it.

    I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and willingness to help though. Your Outlook account settings are out of dateYour Outlook account settings are out of date

    I'm just slowly moving away from MS and their services. Not completely yet
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 8
    windows 10 Pro
       03 Mar 2016 #20

    roystreet said: View Post
    One day...Maybe I'll wake up in the middle of the night and say... "I've got it! I've figured it out!" Your Outlook account settings are out of date

    Then MS will hire me to fix the problem with their systemYour Outlook account settings are out of date haha

    It's OK, I've spent so much time on this in the past. I'm not willing to continue to invest so much into figuring it out all the time. I'll just try to work around it.

    I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and willingness to help though. Your Outlook account settings are out of dateYour Outlook account settings are out of date

    I'm just slowly moving away from MS and their services. Not completely yet

    All the best to you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How to move emails from one Outlook account to another?
I've heard this is possible, by using Outlook 2013 and exporting all emails to a .pst file, but I added my Outlook account and after it synced everything looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/rt1vPl9.png Obviously i'm doing something wrong, so I...
Browsers and Email
How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com
Under Windows 10, how do I remove an email account from Outlook.com? The account is the only one there and it is the address I used when I set up my Microsoft Account. I am having trouble and would like to start all over. Thank you.
Browsers and Email
Solved Date and time settings - clocks
Hi, I have additional time zones setup on my date and time. When i was running win 8.1 and i clicked on the time it popped up with 3 clocks - all nice and pretty easy on the eye and all that. Now it pops up with the calendar uk time in large text...
General Support
Solved login to account date/time
Just as the title states; how do i enable the login date/time that also shows how may interactive successful logons and now many unsuccessful logons to my account like I had under windows 7? There must be a way to do it in 10 as well so if someone...
Customization
Office 365 Mobile - Add Account to Outlook for iOS
How to Add Account to Outlook in Office 365 Mobile for iOS Outlook for iOS is part of the Office 365 Mobile suite and is available as a free download from the App Store. Once Outlook for iOS is installed you can add your existing Microsoft...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums