Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       20 Sep 2015 #1

    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome


    Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome.
    I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome.
    I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own???
    This happens even if only I am logged in.

    How do I deal with this? How get my stuff and not someone else?
    Last edited by Tony Mortyr; 20 Sep 2015 at 03:00.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 7,531
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       20 Sep 2015 #2

    Welcome to the forums Tony. It sounds like even though you were logged in to the pc, it was her account signed into google. Go to google, sign in with your creds and try again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       20 Sep 2015 #3

    Dude said: View Post
    Welcome to the forums Tony. It sounds like even though you were logged in to the pc, it was her account signed into google. Go to google, sign in with your creds and try again.
    It did not work. I removed all favorites in Edge and tried to import again. But only my wifes favorites come back.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,432
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       20 Sep 2015 #4

    Hello Tony, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    You should be able to use the tutorial below to import your bookmarks from Chrome into Microsoft Edge.

    Microsoft Edge - Import Bookmarks from Chrome in Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       20 Sep 2015 #5

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Tony, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    You should be able to use the tutorial below to import your bookmarks from Chrome into Microsoft Edge.

    Microsoft Edge - Import Bookmarks from Chrome in Windows 10
    I tried that but all I get is my wifes favorites from her account, not mine. So how can i get Edge to choose one google acoount and not another? We both have book marks, so why hers and not mine??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2015
    SoCal, USA
    Posts : 463
    Windows 10 Home and Pro
       20 Sep 2015 #6

    Tony Mortyr said: View Post
    I tried that but all I get is my wifes favorites from her account, not mine. So how can i get Edge to choose one google acoount and not another? We both have book marks, so why hers and not mine??
    Perhaps because hers is signed it at the moment? Just a guess, but try signing out with hers and in with yours, and checking to make sure you can see your favorites clearly before exporting.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       20 Sep 2015 #7

    DustSailor said: View Post
    Perhaps because hers is signed it at the moment? Just a guess, but try signing out with hers and in with yours, and checking to make sure you can see your favorites clearly before exporting.
    I tried that too a few times before, but still the same. Very annoying.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2015
    SoCal, USA
    Posts : 463
    Windows 10 Home and Pro
       20 Sep 2015 #8

    That is strange, I don't know of a solution. But you are following Google's instruction? ::

    Export bookmarks from Chrome
    1.In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
    2.Select Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager.
    3.Click the "Organize" menu in the manager.
    4.Select Export bookmarks.

    Chrome will export your bookmarks as an HTML file
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       20 Sep 2015 #9

    DustSailor said: View Post
    That is strange, I don't know of a solution. But you are following Google's instruction? ::

    Export bookmarks from Chrome
    1.In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
    2.Select Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager.
    3.Click the "Organize" menu in the manager.
    4.Select Export bookmarks.

    Chrome will export your bookmarks as an HTML file
    Yes, I did just that. Very simpel. But ther is no way to tell Edge wich account to import from. So how can I import from the html file?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2015
    SoCal, USA
    Posts : 463
    Windows 10 Home and Pro
       20 Sep 2015 #10

    To import the favorites, see:
    Import favorites in Microsoft Edge - Windows Help -
    (Brink had a similar tutorial earlier)

    But if you mean separating your wife's favorites from yours, you may have to do it manually by deleting the ones you do not want after importing them. Is the problem that you cannot import ANY favorites, or is the problem that you cannot import ONLY your favorites?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Import Favorites some are missing in Edge
Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites...
Browsers and Email
Unable to import favorites in to Edge?
Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated
Browsers and Email
How to import Firefox favorites into Edge
I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import...
Browsers and Email
Chrome - Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in Chrome that you can also add your favorite...
Tutorials
Chrome - Import Favorites from Internet Explorer in Windows 10
How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in Chrome that you can also add your favorite...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums