Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    03 Sep 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    10

    How to open multiple website in Window 10 Microsoft Edge?


    The Microsoft Edage has changed Internet Explorer to open multiple website. I am unable to right click the Edge to open another website but keep the current one. Can you tell how to open the multiple website in the Microsoft Edge? Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Sep 2015 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 80
    Windows 10 64bit

    Just open a new tab in Edge.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Sep 2015 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    England
    Posts : 964
    Windows IP 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by compiler View Post
    The Microsoft Edage has changed Internet Explorer to open multiple website. I am unable to right click the Edge to open another website but keep the current one. Can you tell how to open the multiple website in the Microsoft Edge? Thank you.
    Yes, opening many instances of Edge is not available but as the previous poster said, you can open several tabs.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    03 Sep 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by ram1220 View Post
    Just open a new tab in Edge.
    What do you mean by opening a new tab in Edge? I clicked the Edge on the Quick Lunch Bar. It opened a new website address but I could not minimize the current website. It's a poor design, isn't it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 Sep 2015 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 53
    windows 10

    Are you wanting to open the same web page multiple times? For example show this page in 2-3-4-5 tabs at the same time?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    03 Sep 2015 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Are you wanting to open the same web page multiple times? For example show this page in 2-3-4-5 tabs at the same time?
    No. I want to open several DIFFRENT webpage but I am unable to minimize the current webpage while opening a new different website. Try to minimize the current webpage and then right click the Microsoft Edge from the quick launch bar to open the new address bar. Can you open the default webpage? The IE allows minimizing the current webpage and the user can right click the IE from the quick launch bar to open the default webpage so that the user can navigate to the other website but still keeps the current website. It's easy but the Microsoft Edge made the confusion. How to open and keep several different websites from the Microsoft Edge on the quick launch bar?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    03 Sep 2015 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,504
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by compiler View Post
    No. I want to open several DIFFRENT webpage but I am unable to minimize the current webpage while opening a new different website. Try to minimize the current webpage and then right click the Microsoft Edge from the quick launch bar to open the new address bar. Can you open the default webpage? The IE allows minimizing the current webpage and the user can right click the IE from the quick launch bar to open the default webpage so that the user can navigate to the other website but still keeps the current website. It's easy but the Microsoft Edge made the confusion. How to open and keep several different websites from the Microsoft Edge on the quick launch bar?
    Open the web pages you want in tabs, then drag each tab off of the tab bar, it will open in a new window.
    You can even put different Edge windows on different 'Virtual Desktops'.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000005.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	35566
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    04 Sep 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,849
    10 Pro

    Or alternatively (if you want multiple windows) you can either press crtl +N or click on the 3 dots in the top left and take the top option...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	35569
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    14 Sep 2015 #9
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    More Actions


    Quote Originally Posted by compiler View Post
    No. I want to open several DIFFRENT webpage but I am unable to minimize the current webpage while opening a new different website. Try to minimize the current webpage and then right click the Microsoft Edge from the quick launch bar to open the new address bar. Can you open the default webpage? The IE allows minimizing the current webpage and the user can right click the IE from the quick launch bar to open the default webpage so that the user can navigate to the other website but still keeps the current website. It's easy but the Microsoft Edge made the confusion. How to open and keep several different websites from the Microsoft Edge on the quick launch bar?
    I think the answer to your problem is to click the three dots in the upper right hand corner, designated "more actions". Next just click "New Window". A new window will appear and the previous one will be minimized. With several windows minimized, you can select from them be pointing with your pointer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    14 Sep 2015 #10
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    I forgot to mention that to see the minimized windows you must point to the "e" symbol in your "taskbar" at the bottom of your screen.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Browsers & Email Open New InPrivate Browsing Window in Microsoft Edge
How to Open a New InPrivate window in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. ...
Tutorials
Microsoft Edge wont stay open
When I click the icon in task bar, EDGE search window will only stay open for about 5 seconds. Why?
Browsers and Email
Open Pin to Start links in new Edge window instead of tab
I have a lot of Web Page applications that I use for my job. For each webpage I do a "Pin to Start" which creates a quick link from the start menu. With IE each of these links would open in a new window, but with Edge they open in a new tab on...
Browsers and Email
Experiencing mouse lag/stutter when I open Microsoft Edge
I figured out that it's a graphic driver problem: when I start PC on safe mode or if I uninstall all graphic drivers the lag/stutter problem doesn't happen but if I install AMD Drivers again the lag problem starts. Can someone help please?
General Support
Browsers & Email Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer
Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. This tutorial will show you how to open websites opened in Microsoft...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums