A problem with Dream Mail reading mail from MSN


  1. Posts : 239
    win 10 Pro 64bit
       #1

    A problem with Dream Mail reading mail from MSN


    I don't know how to get Dream Mail to read the incoming mail from MSN. Dream Mail will send a test feed out to my MSN box and I can read the test feed via Firefox, yes I can get into my MSN account via Firefox. But Dream Mail rejects the password for MSN that I use on Firefox. As far as I know the password for MSN should be the same for MSN in both Firefox and Dream Mail. The servers, port numbers and encryption on Dream Mail for MSN are correct. BTW The same Dream Mail is working 100% on Gmail.com.

    Dell laptop
    Win 10
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.413
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,562
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #2

    You may need an app specific password within the email client which is used instead of the account password.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 239
    win 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Virginia. how do I go about setting up the "specific password". I have never done it in MicroSoft before.

    Bastet said:
    You may need an app specific password within the email client which is used instead of the account password.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,562
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #4

    You would log on to your MSN account online & go to security>Advanced security options & scroll down to App Passwords & click on create a new app password.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 239
    win 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Virginia. I followed your directions bellow to the letter and it still don't work.

    Bastet said:
    You would log on to your MSN account online & go to security>Advanced security options & scroll down to App Passwords & click on create a new app password.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,562
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #6

    reble said:
    Virginia. I followed your directions bellow to the letter and it still don't work.
    Is there any error message?
    Do other email clients work with the MSN account?
    Are you using IMAP or POP for the incoming servers?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums