How to block junk mail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 415
    W11 Home( 64-bit)
       #1

    How to block junk mail


    Outlook mail in W10 and W11 have no provision to ID and block SPAMs, or I just do not know where to go or how to do it. I am inundated with unwanted abusive spammed ads mail. This started right after I unsubscribed from some (and had to submit my email address for unsubscription)
      My Computer

  2.   My Computer


  3. Posts : 415
    W11 Home( 64-bit)
    Thread Starter
       #3

    I was there and the link did not apply to Outlook mail. The internet does not have much about this issue. Earlier OS - W7 or Vista had easy step by step format to set filters in mail. But I think the mail then was not Outlook. Maybe it is an Outlook prob?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,190
    Windows 11 Pro (latest update ... forever anal)
       #4

    coolnewyorker said:
    Outlook mail in W10 and W11 have no provision to ID and block SPAMs, or I just do not know where to go or how to do it. I am inundated with unwanted abusive spammed ads mail. This started right after I unsubscribed from some (and had to submit my email address for unsubscription)
    "Outlook mail" ?? - MS Outlook (from MS Office) or outlook.com web site ?

    EDIT : Or "outlook mail" as an username@outlook.com. If so, which email program/client ?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 415
    W11 Home( 64-bit)
    Thread Starter
       #5

    My Office is not activated because I have no MS 365. So, my Outlook is not MS.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,190
    Windows 11 Pro (latest update ... forever anal)
       #6

    coolnewyorker said:
    Earlier OS - W7 or Vista had easy step by step format to set filters in mail. But I think the mail then was not Outlook.
    Filtering email is not a function of an operating system. Usually a function of the email service or software email client/program.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 2,190
    Windows 11 Pro (latest update ... forever anal)
       #7

    coolnewyorker said:
    My Office is not activated because I have no MS 365. So, my Outlook is not MS.
    Then what is it? What do you use to access your email ?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 2,190
    Windows 11 Pro (latest update ... forever anal)
       #8

    URGENT .... you need to DELETE THE IMAGE and replace them with your email addresses blocked out.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 2,190
    Windows 11 Pro (latest update ... forever anal)
       #9

    coolnewyorker said:
    This is my mail:
    (EDIT: OP has deleted an image of the mail program because it displayed personal email addresses)

    That looks like Windows Mail, an outdated, no longer supported, sadly deficient email client.

    You need to change to an email client like Mozilla Thunderbird (from the same people that brought you Firefox).

    eMClient is another good email program but as you appear to have more than 2 email accounts, you won't be able to use the freewae version.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 415
    W11 Home( 64-bit)
    Thread Starter
       #10

    I have no clue how to blur out the mail addresses. Can you for it for me
    ?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:29.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums