Incompatible Software

  1. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #1

    Incompatible Software


    The first thing I did with my Win 10 setup is to install my comfort software. IE did not work for me but who cares, I just need it to download Google Chrome anyway. I had to use my old Opera browser installer to get Chrome. Then I uninstalled Opera and unpin IE after succesfully installing Chrome. I downloaded Avast too but it doesn't work. So, for now I am stuck with Windows Defender. That's it so far.
      My Computer

  2. Indianatone's Avatar
    Posts : 454
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    Avast will have an update out in a day or two. It was on a PC I did an in place install and was uninstalled.
      My Computers

  3. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    SuperAntispyware works great!
      My Computer

  4. LittleJay's Avatar
    Posts : 9,647
    W10 Pro, W10 Home
       #4

    Indianatone said:
    Avast will have an update out in a day or two. It was on a PC I did an in place install and was uninstalled.
    I did as well and all my previously installed software from W7 runs just fine in W10. However, I did have to re-installed my graphics driver, which was no biggie.
      My Computer

  5. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    LittleJay said:
    I did as well and all my previously installed software from W7 runs just fine in W10. However, I did have to re-installed my graphics driver, which was no biggie.
    I had a problem with my graphics driver, too. Although the stock driver runs all my 4 monitors, the color on one monitor is off. When I installed the amd graphics driver, the color was corrected but the other monitor went grey. So, I just did a system restore and stayed with the native driver.
      My Computer

  6. LittleJay's Avatar
    Posts : 9,647
    W10 Pro, W10 Home
       #6

    badrobot said:
    I had a problem with my graphics driver, too. Although the stock driver runs all my 4 monitors, the color on one monitor is off. When I installed the amd graphics driver, the color was corrected but the other monitor went grey. So, I just did a system restore and stayed with the native driver.
    Yeah, the native graphics driver did work, except that I couldn't set the screen resolution to the recommended setting.
      My Computer

  7. TairikuOkami's Avatar
    Posts : 4,668
    Windows Home Dev 21xxx x64
       #7

    AMD CCC does not work either.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Š Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums