View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

    62 38.75%
  • Google Chrome

    54 33.75%
  • Opera

    14 8.75%
  • Mozilla Firefox

    69 43.13%
  • Safari

    4 2.50%
  • Other(s)

    32 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
  1.    17 Mar 2015 #291
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,610
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I went back to FF.. no mater how I test/play with other browsers I always go back to FF.
    Does that mean that you are a Yahoo search user, too?

    Google is firing back at Firefox.

    http://www.techspot.com/news/60058-g...rs-switch.html

    I went back again to Chrome on windows.
    Using Iceweasel (Firefox for RasPi) part time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 Mar 2015 #292
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    You can change the search back to Google and remove Yahoo.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Mar 2015 #293
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Does that mean that you are a Yahoo search user, too?

    Google is firing back at Firefox.

    http://www.techspot.com/news/60058-g...rs-switch.html

    I went back again to Chrome on windows.
    Using Iceweasel (Firefox for RasPi) part time.
    Are you talking about using both Firefox or Google Chrome in Win 10?
    that i don't know cause i only run Google Chrome or IE,
    but i can say that in Linux i run Google Chrome or Firefox and both work good.

    I must say i never liked Firefox in any Win OPS anyway.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Mar 2015 #294
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,610
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    You can change the search back to Google and remove Yahoo.


    yeah, I know. That's what the article said.
    Apparently, IE doesn't get that prompt to change the default search engine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Mar 2015 #295
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    I just go to the options and make the change,, fast and easy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Mar 2015 #296
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I just go to the options and make the change,, fast and easy.
    It's easy but it's irritating. MS syncs plenty of IE preferences to OneDrive (bookmarks, tracking protection lists etc) but it will not sync your change of search engine. Every time you re-install you have to change it again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Mar 2015 #297
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    It's easy but it's irritating. MS syncs plenty of IE preferences to OneDrive (bookmarks, tracking protection lists etc) but it will not sync your change of search engine. Every time you re-install you have to change it again.
    Q: How can taking about 1-2 minutes at most be irritating?? I can fully set up FF for my needs in about 5 minutes and given how infrequently I need to set it up that's a non issue.

    Really, is that so hard to do??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	14630
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 Mar 2015 #298
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview

    But aren't there 2 ways to run firefox or google chrome?
    run Firefox or Google Chrome inside IE, that's where people have problems,or run Firefox or Chrome by itself?i always choose Firefox or chrome either set as default
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    17 Mar 2015 #299
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by silv55 View Post
    But aren't there 2 ways to run firefox or google chrome?
    run Firefox or Google Chrome inside IE, that's where people have problems,or run Firefox or Chrome by itself?i always choose Firefox or chrome either set as default
    I have never heard of running either FF or Chrome inside of IE.. I just install either one alone and then run them. And they both work just fine from my experience.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    17 Mar 2015 #300
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,610
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I have never heard of running either FF or Chrome inside of IE.. I just install either one alone and then run them. And they both work just fine from my experience.

    The Chrome app is like a mini OS running inside IE.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Query what build and browser
I have one of my desktops loaded with 10 build 10130 and I am wondering how I can get it upgraded with the latest build. I want to do this fairly quickly as I don't get much time at home these days and I also want to get my old Toshiba laptop loaded...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Edge Browser
How do I download & install the Edge Browser? Tully
Browsers and Email
New browser can't resolve addresses like 127.0.0.1 etc
Hi there The new browser (build 10074) can't resolve addresses like localhost or things like 127.0.0.1:9000 (my music server). Is there a way to make IE11 the default browser again. The music server when web control is activated fills in...
Browsers and Email
Browser Benchmark
Browser Benchmark Testing Please advise if you would like me to test other browsers Information: Test Setup:
Browsers and Email
Which Web Browser(s) do you use ?
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:26.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums