Which Web Browser(s) do you use ?

View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

    62 38.75%
  • Google Chrome

    54 33.75%
  • Opera

    14 8.75%
  • Mozilla Firefox

    69 43.13%
  • Safari

    4 2.50%
  • Other(s)

    32 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
  1. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,693
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #241

    Kesto said:
    I hope that its better than IE because IE has had its ups and downs, most IE versions got better but IE6 didn't do much and was criticized for its bad compatibility and failure to load sites although IE11 is awesome now I hope the Spartan browser has some developments to make it like Chrome and Firefox if they do I will be like Hmm I guess MS browsers aren't so bad after all.
    I do know that when I took a class online I couldn't use IE if I wanted to,.. the grading and programming tool couldn't run in IE and it only ran in FF or Chrome. I just hope that doesn't happen with Spartan... if it works than that's a win for the new browser IMO.

    Jeff
      My Computer

  2. Arelem's Avatar
    Posts : 1,099
    Windows 10 Pro
       #242

    Internet Explorer 99.999% of the time. I use Chrome only for Google Maps because you have to for all the Maps features to work.
      My Computer

  3. Kesto's Avatar
    Posts : 86
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
       #243

    Arelem said:
    Internet Explorer 99.999% of the time. I use Chrome only for Google Maps because you have to for all the Maps features to work.
    Um, you can still get it on IE.
      My Computer

  4. Kesto's Avatar
    Posts : 86
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
       #244

    BunnyJ said:
    I do know that when I took a class online I couldn't use IE if I wanted to,.. the grading and programming tool couldn't run in IE and it only ran in FF or Chrome. I just hope that doesn't happen with Spartan... if it works than that's a win for the new browser IMO.

    Jeff
    Yup.
      My Computer

  5. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,808
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #245

    BunnyJ said:
    Same here but many are based on either FF or Chrome so that's why I would stick with the originals.
    Chromium is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. The browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features and they have different licensing.

    The Chromium Project takes its name from the element chromium, the metal from which chrome plating is made. Google's intention, as expressed in the developer documentation, was that Chromium would be the name of the open-source project and that the final product name would be Chrome; however other developers have taken the Chromium code and released versions under the Chromium name. These are listed under community packages.
      My Computer

  6. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 6,034
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #246

    Kind of funny Chromium "Stable" is Chrome
      My Computers



  7. Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview
       #247

    ThrashZone said:
    Kind of funny Chromium "Stable" is Chrome




    Yes i also use Google Chrome,the best browser;
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 963
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       #248

    I'm using Chrome as my default browser in W 10 (as usual) . Chrome as usual likes ram ( a lot ) with lot's of tabs open . all in All in all Chrome is decent on W x or W10 . I'm not an IE fan even though arguably it's much better than it used to be OTOH F/F is real decent and runs well in W x and W10 also.



    In W10 With 1080p Netflix HTML5 you have to use IE 11 even though Chrome plays HTML5 also it's a DRM /HDCP thing and only reaches 720p in Chrome thankfully Silver light is no more in W10 AFAIK .

    I did the // about flags thing and changed to the new experimental Spartan rendering engine in IE11 it's wicked fast using that but page reliability and mufti tab stability is still better in Chrome with or without the Spartan thing enabled . OTOH I can see some upside potential when they finish baking Spartan .
    Last edited by blutos cousin; 25 Feb 2015 at 21:43.
      My Computer

  9. Chuck38's Avatar
    Posts : 17,128
    Windows 10
       #249

    silv55 said:
    Yes i also use Google Chrome,the best browser;
    I use FireFox, the best browser.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #250

    blutos cousin said:
    I'm using Chrome as my default browser in W 10 (as usual) . Chrome as usual likes ram ( a lot ) with lot's of tabs open . all in All in all Chrome is decent on W x or W10 . I'm not an IE fan even though arguably it's much better than it used to be OTOH F/F is real decent and runs well in W x and W10 also.



    In W10 With 1080p Netflix HTML5 you have to use IE 11 even though Chrome plays HTML5 also it's a DRM /HDCP thing and only reaches 720p in Chrome thankfully Silver light is no more in W10 AFAIK .

    I did the // about flags thing and changed to the new experimental Spartan rendering engine in IE11 it's wicked fast using that but page reliability and mufti tab stability is still better in Chrome with or without the Spartan thing enabled . OTOH I can see some upside potential when they finish baking Spartan .
    If are you using Google Chrome 64 bit in windows 10 preview, try uninstalling Google Chrome and install the 32 bit version of Google Chrome. I find the 32 bit works better in Windows 7 and Windows 10 preview especially when playing videos.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:24.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums