Images stopped showing in Outlook/Hotmail

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. l1234's Avatar
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #21

    Hotmailuser said:
    In the ONLINE version of outlook.com click on the Gear (settings), Mail, Layout, under Message organization select Show email grouped by conversation.
    Thank you Hotmailuser! That solved the problem. I will probably stick with the online version rather than using Microsoft 365 because there doesn't seem to be a way to see all of my incoming messages in either "focused" or "other", but maybe there is a way around that too.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 8
    Win 10
       #22

    l1234 said:
    Thank you Hotmailuser! That solved the problem. I will probably stick with the online version rather than using Microsoft 365 because there doesn't seem to be a way to see all of my incoming messages in either "focused" or "other", but maybe there is a way around that too.
    You're welcome. Apparently, MS is aware of the issue, but who knows if it will ever be resolved.
      My Computer

  3. NMI's Avatar
    NMI
    Posts : 836
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2
       #23

    l1234 said:
    ... there doesn't seem to be a way to see all of my incoming messages in either "focused" or "other", but maybe there is a way around that too.
    You can deselect "Show Focused Inbox" on the View tab of the ribbon of Outlook 365.
      My Computer

  4. l1234's Avatar
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #24

    NMI said:
    You can deselect "Show Focused Inbox" on the View tab of the ribbon of Outlook 365.
    Thanks! That solved the issue!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,670
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1237
       #25

    l1234 said:
    Yes the images show up now that I changed that setting. The setting doesn't seem to be available in the online version outside of Microsoft 365. Thanks for the update suggestion. I'll look into that.

    So Outlook from Microsoft365 has restored your missing email images?

    What winver are you using? I can see all the email images when I check in webmail. I'm using 21H1.

    You can search winver from the taskbar or use any of the methods in the tutorial below.

    Find Windows 10 Build Number
      My Computer

  6. l1234's Avatar
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #26

    W10 Tweaker: Yes I can see images in Microsoft 365 Outlook. They didn't show up until I changed the setting under "Trust Center". I was also able to see the images in the online version of Outlook by changing the setting - "Mail, Layout, under Message organization select Show email grouped by conversation". I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 on my desktop and laptop.

    You mentioned that you have multiple email addresses in 365. I have added 2 addresses and it won't separate them. Is there a way to just show one email at a time?
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 1,670
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1237
       #27

    l1234 said:
    W10 Tweaker: Yes I can see images in Microsoft 365 Outlook. They didn't show up until I changed the setting under "Trust Center". I was also able to see the images in the online version of Outlook by changing the setting - "Mail, Layout, under Message organization select Show email grouped by conversation". I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 on my desktop and laptop.

    Good to hear that you have email images displaying properly again and thanks for adding the configuration details for both client based & online solutions.
    These adjustments to settings may help others.

    You might consider completing your 'My Computer' information as the details will often assist members to help you with future challenges.

    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums



    l1234 said:
    You mentioned that you have multiple email addresses in 365. I have added 2 addresses and it won't separate them. Is there a way to just show one email at a time?


    I'm not exactly certain how you would like to separate your email accounts. They're all displayed in the left-side pane and can be expanded or minimized such as in this screenshot.

    You can also re-order the accounts by dragging and dropping, if you prefer a different account on top.

    You can configure any of the accounts as the default 'send from' account.

    Images stopped showing in Outlook/Hotmail-0920-outlook-email.jpg



    Maybe @Try3 has more ideas for Outlook display settings.
      My Computer

  8. l1234's Avatar
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #28

    W10 Tweaker - I think I'll have a look for some setup instructions and at the Microsoft 365 forum to get to know the program a bit better. Yesterday, I set it up with a hotmail and a gmail address and all the messages were grouped together in one inbox. This morning, the gmail account was gone from 365 so I added it again and now the emails are showing separately at the top of the panel on the left side. There's a bit of a learning curve here! Thanks very much for all you help!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Now the entire Microsoft 365 has disappeared from my computer! Not having fun!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,670
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1237
       #29

    l1234 said:
    W10 Tweaker - I think I'll have a look for some setup instructions and at the Microsoft 365 forum to get to know the program a bit better. Yesterday, I set it up with a hotmail and a gmail address and all the messages were grouped together in one inbox. This morning, the gmail account was gone from 365 so I added it again and now the emails are showing separately at the top of the panel on the left side. There's a bit of a learning curve here! Thanks very much for all you help!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Now the entire Microsoft 365 has disappeared from my computer! Not having fun!

    You're most welcome. I have to step out for this afternoon, not certain when I'll get back.

    I'll look around again for a good guide on using Outlook.

    What happens when you search Outlook from the taskbar search box?
      My Computer

  10. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 9,348
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1288
       #30

    W10 Tweaker said:
    Maybe @Try3 has more ideas for Outlook display settings.
    Sorry, I cannot help with recent versions of MS Office Outlook.
    - I use MS Office Outlook 2007.
    - I used MS Office Outlook 2016 for a year but too much has changed in that version since then.

    Best of luck,
    Denis
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums