Windows 10: Edge Browser automatically shuts down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    22 Aug 2015 #1

    Edge Browser automatically shuts down


    Is anyone experiencing this? As soon as I open the browser, it shuts down within a second or two. Sometimes I will get lucky and be able to view a page but as soon as I hit a button on my keyboard, it shuts down again. I have tried fixing the start tab page but nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any feedback? Please and thank you.

    PS: I sent Microsoft an e-mail and contacted Best Buy for help but no luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    22 Aug 2015 #2

    Miriam1559 said: View Post
    Is anyone experiencing this? As soon as I open the browser, it shuts down within a second or two. Sometimes I will get lucky and be able to view a page but as soon as I hit a button on my keyboard, it shuts down again. I have tried fixing the start tab page but nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any feedback? Please and thank you.

    PS: I sent Microsoft an e-mail and contacted Best Buy for help but no luck.
    I think i replied to your thread couple of minutes ago

    Solved Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it - Windows 10 Forums

    Try and add another User in your system, then log in to that user account and see if you still get the Problem with Edge.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    22 Aug 2015 #3

    Windows10users said: View Post
    I think i replied to your thread couple of minutes ago

    Solved Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it - Windows 10 Forums

    Try and add another User in your system, then log in to that user account and see if you still get the Problem with Edge.


    Unfortunately, that did not help my problem. Thank you for responding. I will wait until the problem is fixed. Thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    23 Aug 2015 #4

    Miriam1559 said: View Post
    Unfortunately, that did not help my problem. Thank you for responding. I will wait until the problem is fixed. Thanks again.
    Keep us updated, what fixes the issue for you.

    Are you seeing this error after Recent windows 10 update?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    23 Aug 2015 #5

    Windows10users said: View Post
    Keep us updated, what fixes the issue for you.

    Are you seeing this error after Recent windows 10 update?

    I sure will.
    The problem began yesterday before my update. I was hoping the update would fix it. I can only wait now. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    24 Aug 2015 #6

    Miriam1559 said: View Post
    I sure will.
    The problem began yesterday before my update. I was hoping the update would fix it. I can only wait now. . .
    @Miriam1559 Any update? is the issue already fixed for you?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    24 Aug 2015 #7

    Windows10users said: View Post
    @Miriam1559 Any update? is the issue already fixed for you?
    Nope. . . :-(
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    25 Aug 2015 #8

    Miriam1559 said: View Post
    Nope. . . :-(
    Tried Turning On Windows firewall? if you have turned it off then turn it on again and open MS Edge.
    Update here if that helps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 901
    Windows IP 16199 Windows 14393.1198
       25 Aug 2015 #9

    Try making Edge the default by going to Control Panel, Programs, Default Programs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    26 Aug 2015 #10

    Hello there!


    Windows10users said: View Post
    Tried Turning On Windows firewall? if you have turned it off then turn it on again and open MS Edge.
    Update here if that helps.
    No luck yet. I turned off my firewall but even that didn't help. I'm not sure why I have been having this problem. I have used Edge before and never had troubles. I finally just gave up on it and switched back to Firefox. I got tired of waiting. Thanks for the help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, Upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10 ok and all worked ok for a few days. Tried Edge and was quite impressed with speed and performance until a few days later it stopped working. When you open Edge the program starts but then immediately shuts down....
MS Edge Browser in Browsers and Email
Just upgraded to new Windows 10 along with the new Edge browser. It has been a terrible experience! How do I move my "favorites" to the left side of my browser? I have tried all the various things posted and Googled on how to move it and to no...
When you open a new tab, either by clicking with the middle mouse button, CTRL + clicking the link or right-clicking link > Open in New Tab, how do you automatically switch to that new tab when you do this, like you could in Internet Explorer? ...
Solved Edge Browser in Browsers and Email
How do I download & install the Edge Browser? Tully
I installed Windows 10 on my alienware machine, if i have 3 or more web pages open, connections shuts off. like its on a metered connection, but it is not. this is driving me crazy need a solution please
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22.
Find Us