How to remove sender from Junk in Outlook.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 11,352
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1706
       #21

    Sorry I couldn't help. I get noreply@dellcommunity.dell.com emails through outlook.com without any problems.

    {I based all my suggestions on other senders that were getting caught in Junk mail. I have never had a problem with emails from the Dell user forums, i.e. that email address, at all.}

    Denis
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,499
    Win 11 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #22

    I deleted everything for dell.com. I'm going to start over and see what happens with dell.com.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 1,806
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #23

    fireberd said:
    I looked at MS Flow, but it seems over complicated. Unlike the author I check Junk e-mails every time I access outlook.com not every couple days.
    dell.com is the only address that has caused a problem. Others work as they are supposed to.

    MS Flow is overly complicated??? Surely you jest.

    Just kidding, it's an absolute horror to configure. I attempted one type of Outlook email automation and it returned 'I wasn't authorized'.

    I then tried twice to configure a conditional task to move junk mail to my Inbox from a specific sender when my name was listed in the To; field.

    I then received the response that only work or school accounts are supported. Too bad, it appeared useful.

    How to remove sender from Junk in Outlook.com-0409-ms-flow-test.jpg


    PS; And yes, I had already authorized the connection. It reminded me of an Android Permissions setting where you almost have to authorize the app to see & use your personal anything & everything. Ouch, I nearly bailed then but it in the interest of research, I pressed on.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,806
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #24

    fireberd said:
    I deleted everything for dell.com. I'm going to start over and see what happens with dell.com.

    Hi Jack, while you're testing and trying to have regular email arrive in your inbox, why not try sending to the address even if it's a noreply@somewhere.com? Just type test in the subject line.

    And make certain to perform this action from the web interface as it seems to rule over the client side version.

    I seem to recall from sometime in the early 90s, part of configuring the junk mail folder bypass on the exclusive setup was sending to the recipient address. I could be mistaken, that's a long time ago.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,806
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #25

    Another Outlook client rule attempt


    I must be procrastinating at starting my outdoor labour tasks again.

    I'm testing this method of adding a rule with the Outlook client.

    Right-click on the email in the Junk folder, select Rules>Always move messages from;

    How to remove sender from Junk in Outlook.com-0409-outlook-context-rules.jpg


    The Inbox is selected here even though it's difficult to see.

    How to remove sender from Junk in Outlook.com-0409-outlook-rule-move-inbox.jpg


    Then the usual surprise notification. What appears different to me is that after I OK'd the notification that indicated my new rule had been deactivated, the subject email promptly disappeared from my Junk folder and was deposited in my Inbox.

    I've tried setting two independent rules for two specific senders that always arrive in the Junk folder, both produced the same deactivated rule notification and were deposited in the Inbox. I'll update if these new delivery rules continue to prove successful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to remove sender from Junk in Outlook.com-0409-outlook-rule-rejected.jpg  
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,499
    Win 11 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #26

    Clearing out and resetting dell.com did nothing. Back to still showing up in the junk folder. I tried responding to the "no reply" but that bounced back as undeliverable.

    I check mail several times a day, usually, so I don't have a filled in box and catch the dell notifications. Guess I'll have to live with this.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 1,806
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #27

    fireberd said:
    Clearing out and resetting dell.com did nothing. Back to still showing up in the junk folder. I tried responding to the "no reply" but that bounced back as undeliverable.

    I check mail several times a day, usually, so I don't have a filled in box and catch the dell notifications. Guess I'll have to live with this.

    I would have anticipated that your responding to a no-reply address would result in a returned email but as far as I know, that has little to do with your Outlook account and is a result of the incoming mail server refusing the delivery.

    The incoming mail server (no-reply address) is configured to reject/delete email or auto-reply with a message saying something like 'this mailbox is not monitored'.

    As far as I recall, once upon a time, any 'sent to' mail addresses were added to the 'Exclusive list' when using Hotmail.

    I'm still waiting to see if adding a rule using the method I outlined in post #25 is successful. I used an address that I see often in my Junk folder, so I would expect results soon, one way or another.

    The strangest thing this morning is my Junk folder on my primary MS account was empty. I've only seen this once before, last year during the first peak of Covid-19 (late March, early April 2020). Ontario Canada just started another stay-at-home order but most of my SPAM is from foreign sites, AFAIK.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,499
    Win 11 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #28

    After 5 days, still no progress. I mark the Dell messages as "not junk" hoping outlook.com will learn but so far it hasn't.

    I marked another that was in the junk folder - added to safe senders - and next time I got a message from that sender it was in the inbox. Worked correctly.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 1,806
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348
       #29

    fireberd said:
    After 5 days, still no progress. I mark the Dell messages as "not junk" hoping outlook.com will learn but so far it hasn't.

    I marked another that was in the junk folder - added to safe senders - and next time I got a message from that sender it was in the inbox. Worked correctly.


    Good morning Jack,

    My Junk mail folder management efforts seem to have been at least somewhat successful. The test emails from a service (not certain if I had signed up for this Spam or not) seems to have been successfully redirected to the inbox. One email may have remained in the Junk folder but only 1 that I know of.

    These are the steps I've used;
    1) Create Outlook contact from the desired email address.
    2) Create a rule to move emails from this sender and addressed to me, move them to the inbox. I know these are called inbox rules and may or may not have function in the Junk folder.
    3) Select rule (as illustrated in post #25) to always move emails from this sender to the inbox.
    4) Add the email address to the safe senders list.
    5) Right-click email in Junk folder/Junk/ click on Not Junk.

    Have you used all of these methods to redirect your dell emails?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,499
    Win 11 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #30

    W10 Tweaker said:
    Good morning Jack,

    My Junk mail folder management efforts seem to have been at least somewhat successful. The test emails from a service (not certain if I had signed up for this Spam or not) seems to have been successfully redirected to the inbox. One email may have remained in the Junk folder but only 1 that I know of.

    These are the steps I've used;
    1) Create Outlook contact from the desired email address.
    2) Create a rule to move emails from this sender and addressed to me, move them to the inbox. I know these are called inbox rules and may or may not have function in the Junk folder.
    3) Select rule (as illustrated in post #25) to always move emails from this sender to the inbox.
    4) Add the email address to the safe senders list.
    5) Right-click email in Junk folder/Junk/ click on Not Junk.

    Have you used all of these methods to redirect your dell emails?
    Did it all, 1 through 5 without success, just on Dell. As noted others work as expected.

    This started because I wasn't getting any notifications from the Dell community forums. As I was told, by one of our Dell interfaces, Outlook was automatically blocking them as SPAM. Dell had them unblocked and they now appear in the Junk Mail folder, but nothing I can do to get them rerouted to the Inbox. That is why I think it has to "learn", but how long that takes???

    I looked at the e-mail header and the originator is always identical, nothing added or different.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:26.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums