Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending


  1. Posts : 13
    Windows10
       #1

    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending


    Hi All,

    Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013.

    It was fine in Win 8.1.

    My email settings are

    IMAP
    Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked
    Incoming = 993 with SSL
    Outgoing = 587 with TLS

    All other setting as normal. When I run a test it comes back as good and will receive emails, but nothing will send.

    Any thoughts?

    Cheers

    Rob
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #2

    Hi, I had the same problem. I fixed it by running "sfc /scannow" from admin command line. It took about 20 mins, found lots of things to change, and fixed the email not sending problem.
      My Computer

  3. Victek's Avatar
    Posts : 269
    Windows 10 x64 v1803 Build 17134.1
       #3

    kenrob2037 said:
    Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013.

    IMAP
    Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked
    Incoming = 993 with SSL
    Outgoing = 587 with TLS

    All other setting as normal. When I run a test it comes back as good and will receive emails, but nothing will send.
    Try using Outgoing port 465. It's working for me in Outlook 2013 (Gmail/IMAP)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #4

    Miked said:
    Hi, I had the same problem. I fixed it by running "sfc /scannow" from admin command line. It took about 20 mins, found lots of things to change, and fixed the email not sending problem.
    Agree with Miked, worked for me.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 13
    Windows10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Hi All, I tried 465, no luck I'm afraid. I will try scannow tonight.

    Cheers and thanks.

    Rob
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3
    Windows10
       #6

    sfc/scannow the holy grail for sending Gmail from Outlook 2013


    Miked said:
    Hi, I had the same problem. I fixed it by running "sfc /scannow" from admin command line. It took about 20 mins, found lots of things to change, and fixed the email not sending problem.
    Well after pulling my hair out looking at various forums and resolutions to this problem I can confirm that sfc/scannow fixed the issue for me! I have no idea what the tool is or what it did - I just typed sfc/scannow on the admin command line (note: not just the standard command line) and went to bed. I woke up to find a message saying some files were fixed and my Outlook 2013 Outbox empty - Cheers Miked

    I had upgraded to Windows 10 on my new Acer notebook (Model R3-131T) installed Office 365 when I came across the issue. Outlook 2013 refused to send any mail using the IMAP Gmail account. The test messages that Outlook sends when setting up the email account worked fine but anything I tried to send just got stuck in the Outbox resulting in an error message. Anyway I can now send email from my notebook to my heart's content!
      My Computer


  7. Victek's Avatar
    Posts : 269
    Windows 10 x64 v1803 Build 17134.1
       #7

    Obi1 said:
    Well after pulling my hair out looking at various forums and resolutions to this problem I can confirm that sfc/scannow fixed the issue for me! I have no idea what the tool is or what it did - I just typed sfc/scannow on the admin command line (note: not just the standard command line) and went to bed. I woke up to find a message saying some files were fixed and my Outlook 2013 Outbox empty - Cheers Miked
    Congrats, and thanks for updating the thread.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 13
    Windows10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    I had some many problems with Win 10 I went back to Win 7. Now everything works fine again. Hard to tell why, especially as my PC is only 2 years old. An i7 ASUS.

    Cheers and thanks for all the help everyone.

    Rob
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #9

    Miked's solution worked for me too:
    run sfc /scannow
    from the cmd window running as Admin.

    Apparently is replaces DLLs that are wrong. Outlook now sending - happy.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 42
    Windows 10
       #10

    sfc scannow worked for me as well - many thanks.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums