Windows 10: Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       29 Sep 2015 #71

    Good for haters of MS Edge, but like the dark theme, thanks Edwin. Some similarity to my theme in mine, dark !

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	40186
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 8,343
    Windows 10 Professional
       30 Sep 2015 #72

    jds63 said: View Post
    Good for haters of MS Edge, but like the dark theme, thanks Edwin. Some similarity to my theme in mine, dark !
    No probs, I was actually expecting more negative replies, like: "Why the h*ll would I do that!", or "As long as it doesn't act like Edge!"
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,991
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       30 Sep 2015 #73

    Just updated my Firefox


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (136).png 
Views:	7 
Size:	865.7 KB 
ID:	40363

    Firefox-Don't Love It-Live It!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       30 Sep 2015 #74

    Edwin said: View Post
    No probs, I was actually expecting more negative replies, like: "Why the h*ll would I do that!", or "As long as it doesn't act like Edge!"
    I still use Edge as default browser and if i do not want to open another tab or move from page in Firefox i am on and want to look something else up, Dual browsers . Not a hater of Edge and it's still new awaiting improvements, i have been using Firefox for so long and i just prefer it even over the days when was just IE only OS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       30 Sep 2015 #75

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Just updated my Firefox


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (136).png 
Views:	7 
Size:	865.7 KB 
ID:	40363

    Firefox-Don't Love It-Live It!
    I definitely live it and with it !!

    Gary here linked me this browser which looks interesting and is 64bit, have to look at images of it too,uses Mozilla source codes
    https://cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/cy...l-version-x64/
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,991
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       30 Sep 2015 #76

    jds63 said: View Post
    I definitely live it and with it !!

    Gary here linked me this browser which looks interesting and is 64bit, have to look at images of it too,uses Mozilla source codes
    https://cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/cy...l-version-x64/
    You need to watch out which one is downloaded:
    Cyberfox ships with 2 main versions of cyberfox one optimized for Intel based CPU's & One optimized for Amd based CPU's in an array of formats.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       30 Sep 2015 #77

    Cliff S said: View Post
    You need to watch out which one is downloaded:
    Yes, i saw that too, i was just showing you guys about it and it is 64bit, unlike Firefox being 32bit. Have not decided to try it yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,991
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       30 Sep 2015 #78

    jds63 said: View Post
    Yes, i saw that too, i was just showing you guys about it and it is 64bit, unlike Firefox being 32bit. Have not decided to try it yet.
    I've tried 32bit and 64bit browsers and in load & rendering found no difference, but I would suspect they would be safer because the are spread out more RAM and would be harder for malware due to ASLR(Address Space Layout Randomization).
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       30 Sep 2015 #79

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I've tried 32bit and 64bit browsers and in load & rendering found no difference, but I would suspect they would be safer because the are spread out more RAM and would be harder for malware due to ASLR(Address Space Layout Randomization).
    Haven't read much on it, was a suggestion from Gary on another post as he was bit fed up with Firefox i thought and Beta tests version of Firefox and Nightly. As said for now i am satisfied with Firefox as he was receiving crashes from extensions in New Firefox 41.0, but that's a whole other story for discussion here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       30 Sep 2015 #80

    I am now using Firefox 41.0.1 and if I wanted it to look like Edge, I would just use Edge. How about coming up with something to make Edge look like Firefox Great work on that though Edwin!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:07.
Find Us