Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1.   My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,931
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       02 Nov 2015 #92

    Odd I get this when I check for an update:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 002.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	46030

    Oh well maybe it'll update itself in the background as it has before later
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,972
    All kinds
       02 Nov 2015 #93

    It probably will, mine Help > About still shows 41.02, found new version by accident. Now I have to be careful about installation of 64 bit, don't know if it's going to install over x86 and render my addons ineffective. I'll try on my other W10 installation first.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.   My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 354
    Widows 10/Linux
       02 Nov 2015 #95

    CountMike said: View Post
    It probably will, mine Help > About still shows 41.02, found new version by accident. Now I have to be careful about installation of 64 bit, don't know if it's going to install over x86 and render my addons ineffective. I'll try on my other W10 installation first.
    There are other ways of backing up Firefox but I'm lazy. http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/ If it messes up just reinstall your old Firefox, start it once to create an initial profile then restore everything, addons, themes , bookmarks etc using Mozbackup.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,931
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       02 Nov 2015 #96

    I just sync it, and I'm up and running. Which is good for both my Win10 PC's and my VM's. There is no need for tricky geeky work arounds.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,972
    All kinds
       02 Nov 2015 #97

    I just tried it in my other W10. I upgraded 41.02 and installed 64bit version. Results as follows: It made new folder in Program files but there was still only one icon on desktop which runs 64 bit version. Than tried with firefox.exe in Program Files(32) installation and it run same 64bit version anyway.
    Good news, all addons work just fine in 64 bit version. Looks a bit snappier too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       02 Nov 2015 #98

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Odd I get this when I check for an update:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 002.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	46030

    Oh well maybe it'll update itself in the background as it has before later
    November 3rd as shown by OP's link
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    02 Nov 2015 #99

    If you download and install Firefox 42.0beta9 now, it will let you upgrade early:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000020.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	46088
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       02 Nov 2015 #100

    Edwin said: View Post
    If you download and install Firefox 42.0beta9 now, it will let you upgrade early:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000020.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	46088
    O.k. one more day, i can wait,ty.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Firefox has a nasty exploit, Mozilla encouraging users to upgrade...
Source
Windows 10 News
Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows
Source
Windows 10 News
Mozilla strikes Firefox search deal with Yahoo...
More
Windows 10 News
Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page
More
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:39.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums