Any way to convince Windows 10 that Firefox is my default browser?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. jadinolf's Avatar
    Posts : 7,267
    Windows 10 Home
       #1

    Any way to convince Windows 10 that Firefox is my default browser?


    Any way to convince Windows 10 that Firefox is my default browser?-default-firefox.jpg

    This browser along with 5 others was converted to Windows 10 from Windows 7 in January but every time I bring up my browser on this computer I get this message. All the other computers are fine.
    If I have done something wrong perhaps someone can help me.
    I am out of ideas.
    Thanks
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 408
    Windows 10
       #2

    Did you go to the windows 10 "default" settings and actually switch the web browser to Firefox? Normally, that would do it...
      My Computer

  3. jadinolf's Avatar
    Posts : 7,267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Yes, I do that every time I bring up Firefox.
    Thanks for the reply.
      My Computer

  4. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,371
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #4

    Craig said:
    Did you go to the windows 10 "default" settings and actually switch the web browser to Firefox? Normally, that would do it...
    jadinolf said:
    Yes, I do that every time I bring up Firefox.
    Thanks for the reply.
    That doesn't make sense. How? Are you setting the browser as a default browser???

    Also... what version of Firefox?
      My Computers

  5. jadinolf's Avatar
    Posts : 7,267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #5

    sygnus21 said:
    That doesn't make sense. How? Are you setting the browser as a default browser???

    Also... what version of Firefox?
    Thanks for the reply. I am not at the computer right now but I'll get back to you.

    Firefox is 73.0.1. 64bit
      My Computer

  6. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,371
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #6

    jadinolf said:
    Thanks for the reply. I am not at the computer right now but I'll get back to you.

    Firefox is 73.0.1. 64bit
    Sorry, I don't use Firefox. I meant to ask if you were using the latest version or some older version?

    And you ignored my first question - "How? Are you setting the browser as a default browser???"
      My Computers

  7. jadinolf's Avatar
    Posts : 7,267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #7

    sygnus21 said:
    Sorry, I don't use Firefox. I meant to ask if you were using the latest version or some older version?

    And you ignored my first question - "How? Are you setting the browser as a default browser???"
    I'm sorry, I was not ignoring you. I just wanted to be seated at the computer in question.
    I am there now.
    So- I bring up Firefox and get this graphic.
    Any way to convince Windows 10 that Firefox is my default browser?-default-firefox.jpg
    Then the next graphic
    Any way to convince Windows 10 that Firefox is my default browser?-fefaultapps2.jpg
    I chose Firefox and exited.
    If I reboot I click on the Firefox icon the whole process repeats it self.
    This problem is not the end of the world for me but I would like to see it work normally.
    I have six computers and this one is the only one with this problem.
    Thanks for the response.
      My Computer

  8. jadinolf's Avatar
    Posts : 7,267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #8

    This popped up as soon as I posted.
    Any way to convince Windows 10 that Firefox is my default browser?-again.jpg
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 408
    Windows 10
       #9

    That is the current version he has....When you set it....are you clicking on the actual button that pops up when you open firefox? If not, try that....let the button open the "default" program in windows and then select Firefox on the web browser list...That SHOULD lock it in...and uncheck the "always check" box BEFORE you hit that button...
      My Computer

  10. jadinolf's Avatar
    Posts : 7,267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Craig said:
    That is the current version he has....When you set it....are you clicking on the actual button that pops up when you open firefox? If not, try that....let the button open the "default" program in windows and then select Firefox on the web browser list...That SHOULD lock it in...and uncheck the "always check" box BEFORE you hit that button...
    That's what I am doing already.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums