Problem with YouTube  


  1. Posts : 267
    Win 10 64 bit
       #1

    Problem with YouTube


    I have Windows 10, Version 1909 Build 18363.657
    Chrome Version 80.0.3987.106

    Problem started a month ago. I click on a YouTube video. Sometimes it plays. Other times I get a black screen with a message at the top that says...An Error Occurred...Try again Later.. The screen blinks, I get a black screen with same message. Then it blinks again and video plays.
    Other times, the video will start, and then anytime into the video, it blinks, black screen, another blink, black screen, then blink again and video continues where it left off.

    Chrome is supposed to have a built in Flash Player. It will not let me download a stand-alone version.
    P.S. Have back-up browser called UCBrowser. Supposed to be Chrome based. No problem with videos in this one.

    Any ideas?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,012
    Win10 Version 21H2 19044.1645
       #2

    Have numerous extensions on Chrome ?

    May try disabling extensions to see the effect. Another alternative is to reset/reinstall Chrome though may lose extensions.

    How does Edge work ?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 267
    Win 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    pericles said:
    Have numerous extensions on Chrome ?

    May try disabling extensions to see the effect. Another alternative is to reset/reinstall Chrome though may lose extensions.

    How does Edge work ?
    Only have 4 Extensions. Never had a problem before. Re-installing Chrome as last resort. Do not use Edge. Very slow for me.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,373
    Windows 11 Home
       #4

    milford said:
    I click on a YouTube video. Sometimes it plays. Other times I get a black screen with a message at the top that says...An Error Occurred...Try again Later.. The screen blinks, I get a black screen with same message. Then it blinks again and video plays.
    I had that problem when using certain youtube adblockers, the ad plays for 5 secs and then you can skip it and that is, what it appears to be doing, it waits till that amount of time passes and then it starts playing.

    milford said:
    Chrome is supposed to have a built in Flash Player. It will not let me download a stand-alone version.
    Youtube is using HTML5, not flash anymore. You can try h264ify, but not sure, if it helps.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 267
    Win 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    TairikuOkami said:
    I
    Youtube is using HTML5, not flash anymore. You can try h264ify, but not sure, if it helps.
    Tried this. It works but the video is slightly blurry. Not as sharp as HTML5. Strange.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 194
    windows 10 Home / Latest version
       #6

    milford said:
    Do not use Edge. Very slow for me.
    When you refer to Edge do you mean the old Edge or the new Chromium Edge ?....Because the new Chromium edge is one off the fastest browsers I use and it works great for YT also.
    Last edited by Brink; 19 Feb 2020 at 12:11. Reason: fixed quote box
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 267
    Win 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    munk1955 said:
    When you refer to Edge do you mean the old Edge or the new Chromium Edge ?....Because the new Chromium edge is one off the fastest browsers I use and it works great for YT also.
    Only know of Microsoft Edge. Never heard of Chromium Edge.

    So right now, I have a choice of ads or black screens. I'll have to play around with this for a while.
    Last edited by Brink; 19 Feb 2020 at 12:11. Reason: fixed quote box
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 194
    windows 10 Home / Latest version
       #8

    If you want to try the new Edge just to to Microsoft.com search for new microsoft Edge then download it and it will replace the current old Edge on your PC.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 267
    Win 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #9

    munk1955 said:
    If you want to try the new Edge just to to Microsoft.com search for new microsoft Edge then download it and it will replace the current old Edge on your PC.
    Been there. Done that. "Fastest Browser" ????? I found a 12 minute video to try. It said 53 minutes to download. UCBrowser did it in less than 3 minutes.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums