eM Client Notifications

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,125
    Windows 10
       #11

    onlytanmoy said:
    ...Btw have you used Mailbird? Is it free to use with one gmail account?
    Mailbird is my main client. Unfortunately, Mailbird no longer has a free version!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 130
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Access Denied said:
    I get a notification for every email that comes through. Make sure you click on the cog wheel bottom left, then click on Notifications. Be sure to tick the boxes and turn the slider to ON. Then you will get them.
    okay, did that and tested by self mailing, while the unread count does reflect against the relevant folder, I still don't see any banner/sound, arghh! Must be to do with some settings in my Win 10. Thanks for your support though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Edwin said:
    Mailbird is my main client. Unfortunately, Mailbird no longer has a free version!
    Ah okay, I see. Thanks for confirming.
      My Computers

  3. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 11,027
    Win10 x64
       #13

    onlytanmoy said:
    okay, did that and tested by self mailing, while the unread count does reflect against the relevant folder, I still don't see any banner/sound, arghh! Must be to do with some settings in my Win 10. Thanks for your support though.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Ah okay, I see. Thanks for confirming.
    Open Settings, System, click on Notifications & actions on the left side. Find Mail in the list and make sure it is set for Banners, Sounds and turned on.
    eM Client Notifications-screenshot_3.png
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 130
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #14

    Access Denied said:
    Open Settings, System, click on Notifications & actions on the left side. Find Mail in the list and make sure it is set for Banners, Sounds and turned on.
    Thanks for the screenshots mate, somehow I don't see Mail listed Notifications & Actions, I have literally triple checked
    Mail & Calendar is however listed under Background apps and it is enabled there. Any idea how to get it to appear under Notifications & Actions?
      My Computers

  5. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,125
    Windows 10
       #15

    onlytanmoy said:
    ...Ah okay, I see. Thanks for confirming.
    Mailbird and eMClient are both $50 bucks right now, eMClient is probably the better value, although, I use Mailbird for it's more simplified UI.

    Thunderbird is incredibly feature rich, sometimes a little overwhelming, but absolutely free!

    Outlook is great if you got it with your Office Suite, and, if you can get it to work properly!
    It's pretty convoluted, I'm kinda p*ssed with it right now!

    W10 Mail App is a no-brainer but I've not used it for quite some time!
      My Computer

  6. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 11,027
    Win10 x64
       #16

    onlytanmoy said:
    Thanks for the screenshots mate, somehow I don't see Mail listed Notifications & Actions, I have literally triple checked
    Mail & Calendar is however listed under Background apps and it is enabled there. Any idea how to get it to appear under Notifications & Actions?
    I would check that Mail is actually the default application for Mail.... and possibly a reboot. Also I would check the MS Store app, click the 3 dots top right, Downloads and updates. Then click on Get updates. Hope one or both of those help.
      My Computer

  7. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 11,027
    Win10 x64
       #17

    If all else fails, you can do what I did to fix a problem with Mail before. Under Settings, Apps, find Mail, click on it, then click Advanced options. Make sure all sliders are turned on. Then click Terminate. Reopen Mail and check if you can find it under Notifications now. If not, this next step will require you to setup your account in Mail again..... Go back to where you clicked Terminate and click it again. Then click Reset.

    This will put Mail back like it was before you setup any accounts or settings. Quite a pain I know, but I had to do this a while back for a different problem.

    Hopefully some of this can help you get it working.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 130
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Access Denied said:
    I would check that Mail is actually the default application for Mail.... and possibly a reboot. Also I would check the MS Store app, click the 3 dots top right, Downloads and updates. Then click on Get updates. Hope one or both of those help.
    yeah, both done. The last update is from 31 Jan. I reckon I need to open a new thread titled Mail not showing under Notifications & Actions :)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Access Denied said:
    If all else fails, you can do what I did to fix a problem with Mail before. Under Settings, Apps, find Mail, click on it, then click Advanced options. Make sure all sliders are turned on. Then click Terminate. Reopen Mail and check if you can find it under Notifications now. If not, this next step will require you to setup your account in Mail again..... Go back to where you clicked Terminate and click it again. Then click Reset.
    This will put Mail back like it was before you setup any accounts or settings. Quite a pain I know, but I had to do this a while back for a different problem.
    Hopefully some of this can help you get it working.
    Followed these steps as well but still no luck having Mails show up under Notification and actions. Calendar shows up though in there. Really weird.
    All the app permissions are given for 'Mail and Calendar' under Apps & features except Location as location services are turned off in my laptop but don't think that's causing the issue.

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Access Denied created the below thread..many thanks for your support with this so far mate.
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-su...ml#post1831833
      My Computers

  9. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,125
    Windows 10
       #19

    Works here...

    eM Client Notifications-003315.png
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 130
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #20

    @Edwin Can I just check one thing with you? I have Gmail server side rules set to route mails to different labels skipping the Inbox. Are the notifications shown in that case as in mails not appearing in inbox but other labels/custom folders?
      My Computers


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:08.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums