Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows


  1. Posts : 32,217
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #861

    From the 'phased rollout' link in that source: "...Enterprise and education users will not be automatically upgraded at this time...".

    From my observations over multiple machines (both physical and virtual) it would seem that Pro is also not being automatically upgraded yet. Most of my Home machines have had the automatic upgrade by now, whether running W10 version 2004 or 1909. None of my Pro machines have seen it.

    I have also observed that all Windows 7 machines see the Edge update in Windows Update as an Important Update, while in Windows 8.1 it appears in the Optional Updates list.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 806
    Windows 10 Home version 20H2 64bit OS Build 19042.1023
       #862

    Edge is the default browser on my new laptop that I just got in July.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 69,915
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #863
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 69,915
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #864

    New Microsoft Edge Stable 84.0.522.61 version released. See first post for more details.

    AND

    New Microsoft Edge Canary 86.0.611.0 version released. See first post for more details.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 731
    Windows 10 Home - Version 22H2- Build 19045.3758
       #865

    I like Edge, been using it along with FF past few days. It's a lot faster for me than FF and has the one click favorites like FF on the main tool bar plus is pretty smooth in general and also works well with my friends FB games.

    Does anyone know if you can make Edge open to your home page when you open a second instance of it? For example, if I open FF or Chrome it opens to the home page (I use protopage) like I have it set to. If I then click the browser icon for a second launch/opening of these browsers, they will also open to home page. With Edge, if I do a second opening after having opened it once via clicking the browser launch icon, it opens to the tab page. From there/the tab page it's easy to go to the home page but I'm curious if I can force it to always open to home page. Again, it's not the tab page per say necessarily that I want to open to home page but just when I launch the browser in this case multiple times. Thanks.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 267
    Win 11 Pro 64
       #866

    tomseys said:
    I like Edge, been using it along with FF past few days. It's a lot faster for me than FF and has the one click favorites like FF on the main tool bar plus is pretty smooth in general and also works well with my friends FB games.

    Does anyone know if you can make Edge open to your home page when you open a second instance of it? For example, if I open FF or Chrome it opens to the home page (I use protopage) like I have it set to. If I then click the browser icon for a second launch/opening of these browsers, they will also open to home page. With Edge, if I do a second opening after having opened it once via clicking the browser launch icon, it opens to the tab page. From there/the tab page it's easy to go to the home page but I'm curious if I can force it to always open to home page. Again, it's not the tab page per say necessarily that I want to open to home page but just when I launch the browser in this case multiple times. Thanks.
    Obvious suggestion is to configure New Tab to open the page you want.

    Tony
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 731
    Windows 10 Home - Version 22H2- Build 19045.3758
       #867

    Anyone know how to do this? Step by step.. thanks.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 69,915
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #868

    tomseys said:
    Anyone know how to do this? Step by step.. thanks.
    Hello Tom,

    The tutorials below can help show you how to change the startup page to open to the site you want in Microsoft Edge.

    How to Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge Chromium

    In addition, you can use the tutorial below to add and/or change the Home button to open to the site you want.

    How to Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge Chromium
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 731
    Windows 10 Home - Version 22H2- Build 19045.3758
       #869

    Brink said:
    Hello Tom,

    The tutorials below can help show you how to change the startup page to open to the site you want in Microsoft Edge.

    How to Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge Chromium

    In addition, you can use the tutorial below to add and/or change the Home button to open to the site you want.

    How to Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge Chromium

    Hi Brink.. thank you. Yeah I've done all that I think. That's good for one instance of the browser open, but when I open the browser again unlike with Chrome or FF, it shows a tab instead of home page. .. Oh well, not really a big deal.

    If you want to see what I mean, close Edge completely. Now open edge.. it goes to your home page. Now open edge again with the other Edge open.. it goes to Tab. I just wanted to see if it could behave like FF, Chrome and IE in this instance.. everything goes to homepage.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 69,915
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #870

    tomseys said:
    Hi Brink.. thank you. Yeah I've done all that I think. That's good for one instance of the browser open, but when I open the browser again unlike with Chrome or FF, it shows a tab instead of home page. .. Oh well, not really a big deal.

    If you want to see what I mean, close Edge completely. Now open edge.. it goes to your home page. Now open edge again with the other Edge open.. it goes to Tab. I just wanted to see if it could behave like FF, Chrome and IE in this instance.. everything goes to homepage.
    Yeah, it opens to the New Tab page on the second instance for me as well.

    I haven't seen a way yet to specify the New Tab page to open to a site. Just to change the background, layout, and quick links instead so far.

    Change New Tab Page Layout and Background in Microsoft Edge Chromium

    EDIT:

    I just found a NewTabPageLocation policy below for Microsoft Edge to specify a default URL for the new tab page, but it's only for when joined to a domain.

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Dep...abpagelocation
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums