Edge Chromium Beta


  1. Posts : 38
    Windows 10 pro
       #1

    Edge Chromium Beta


    I am using Edge Chromium Beta ( and i think its very good ) is it possible to remove the "normal' Edge or do i have to wait for Microsoft to release the new version...and when they do will it automatically remove the old version.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 10,550
    Windows 10 Workstation x64
       #2

    When I tested it on my other PC after downloading from the Stable channel, it removed (hid?) old edge.

    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?lin...le&language=en
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 221
    Windows 11 Home x64 2021
       #3

    z3r010 said:
    When I tested it on my other PC after downloading from the Stable channel, it removed (hid?) old edge.

    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?lin...le&language=en
    Stable from that link does that. It will too once Microsoft will release it in January. I run both, Stable did hide old edge, Beta did not.
    I suppose on January edge will be replaced, not just hidden.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 10,550
    Windows 10 Workstation x64
       #4

    Pulcinella said:
    I suppose on January edge will be replaced, not just hidden.
    It looks like they are just going to hide it for now, here is the MSFT doc for accessing the old edge once it has been replaced - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Dep...ccess-old-edge
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 221
    Windows 11 Home x64 2021
       #5

    z3r010 said:
    It looks like they are just going to hide it for now, here is the MSFT doc for accessing the old edge once it has been replaced - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Dep...ccess-old-edge
    Thanks for the link, it is saving me guessing.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 38
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #6

    z3r010 said:
    When I tested it on my other PC after downloading from the Stable channel, it removed (hid?) old edge.

    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?lin...le&language=en
    Thanks for the Link I downloaded the stable version then removed beta via Programs and Features
      My Computer



 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums