Windows 10 hangs when using Microsoft Edge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #1

    Windows 10 hangs when using Microsoft Edge


    Hi,

    Has anyone experienced a hang in Windows 10 when using Microsoft Edge?

    It has happened to me two or three times, so I've had to stop using Edge.

    It happens when I'm actively using Microsoft Edge for some time and then suddenly the all the system hangs. All frozen. I can't clic on anything and the clock in the taskbar is completely frozen. Can't do anything. I can see there is some disk activity ongoing because the HDD activity led flashes. Only solution is hard-reset

    thank you!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #2

    Check amount of startup items in task manager first. Nothing else being run does this at all ? Try filling in specs here when you get a chance, as that helps us see what you have.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    jds63 said:
    Check amount of startup items in task manager first. Nothing else being run does this at all ? Try filling in specs here when you get a chance, as that helps us see what you have.
    Hi. Thank you.

    It happens after actively using Edge for some time, no matter if anything else is opened or closed.

    Laptop is a Sony VAIO VGN-AW11XU, with clean install of Windows 10 Pro and:
    - Intel Core 2 Duo T9600
    - 4GB RAM
    - nVidia GeForce 9600M GT


    Thank you.

    ps: here I've seen some other have experienced a similar issue... Microsoft Edge in build 10240 freezes and hangs intermittingly - Microsoft Community
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #4

    Your Welcome ! Seems to be no solution for many having this issue i can find either, if it is only Microsoft Edge doing this.

    Try this at (Admin) command prompt, copy and paste this and press enter, let if finish

    sfc /scannow

    Do not close the same command prompt, next copy and paste this exactly into command prompt and press enter, let is also finish, can take awhile

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    Reboot the system, recheck Edge, let us know if sfc command or DISM gave you can not fix or errors.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    jds63 said:
    Your Welcome ! Seems to be no solution for many having this issue i can find either, if it is only Microsoft Edge doing this.

    Try this at (Admin) command prompt, copy and paste this and press enter, let if finish

    sfc /scannow

    Do not close the same command prompt, next copy and paste this exactly into command prompt and press enter, let is also finish, can take awhile

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    Reboot the system, recheck Edge, let us know if sfc command or DISM gave you can not fix or errors.
    Hi thank you

    SFC fixed three errors,

    I attach the CBS.log (splitted in two parts because the file is bigger than 2mb)
    Attachment 30114
    Attachment 30115


    Here is the DISM part of the CBS.log and the DISM.log:
    Attachment 30116
    DISMlog.txt


    thank you!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #6

    emulajavi said:
    Hi thank you

    SFC fixed three errors,

    I attach the CBS.log (splitted in two parts because the file is bigger than 2mb)
    Attachment 30114
    Attachment 30115


    Here is the DISM part of the CBS.log and the DISM.log:
    Attachment 30116
    DISMlog.txt


    thank you!
    Good, from what i can see and understand not sure if was related to the issue, CBS log are long. Question i ask is how is Microsoft Edge running ? Your welcome.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Hi. Thank you.

    I'll check Microsoft Edge for two or three days to see if it still hangs the system.... I'll keep you updated
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #8

    emulajavi said:
    Hi. Thank you.

    I'll check Microsoft Edge for two or three days to see if it still hangs the system.... I'll keep you updated
    Alright,your welcome! How often did it do this issue ?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #9

    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT


    emulajavi said:
    Hi. Thank you.

    It happens after actively using Edge for some time, no matter if anything else is opened or closed.

    Laptop is a Sony VAIO VGN-AW11XU, with clean install of Windows 10 Pro and:
    - Intel Core 2 Duo T9600
    - 4GB RAM
    - nVidia GeForce 9600M GT


    Thank you.
    I noticed you mentioned you have an nVidia GeForce 9600M GT,

    I have a SONY VAIO VGN-AW11Z which has same graphics but I have been told by Microsoft I can't upgrade to Windows 10... get message...

    this pc can't run windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

    It says vendor does not have a compatible driver, so I wondered how you managed to do your upgrade

    any help would be appreciated
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #10

    64BIT 0R 32BIT because i see a driver for this on NVIDIA's site from Aug.24 2015 ?

    Choose 64 bit if OS is instead before downloading http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums