Do Chrome browser need to keep open for cloud print

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 448
    Windows 10
       #1

    Do Chrome browser need to keep open for cloud print


    When I give print command from my Android Mobile to my Printer attached with my Win 10 PC through google cloud print, the print comes only when I open Chrome browser on PC. My concern is that, Do I need to always keep open Chrome on my PC, if I need print from My Android Mobile via google cloud print or any other settings will do.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 27,672
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #2

    Can you connect your printer to your network? Preferably wired but at a minimum wirelessly.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 448
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Caledon Ken said:
    Can you connect your printer to your network? Preferably wired but at a minimum wirelessly.
    I am able to print many times through cloud print service. But never noticed that Chrome Browser was opened or not on the PC when I successfully printed. It is only recently I have noticed that Print comes only the moment I open Chrome on PC or when Chrome is already opened. If Chrome is closed, then print does not come.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 27,672
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #4

    Yes I saw that.

    Can you connect printer to network?

    You can keep USB connection just connect printer to wireless.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 448
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Caledon Ken said:
    Yes I saw that.

    Can you connect printer to network?

    You can keep USB connection just connect printer to wireless.
    Not able to understand what you want to say. If printer is not connected to network that print will not come out even for single time.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 13,301
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 21H2 19044.1526
       #6

    This cloud print service . Is it an Addin to chrome (Chrome app)?
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 27,672
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #7

    If you connect printer as a network printer and point to it in chrome, the Google Cloud Print in chrome settings the mobile app should find the printer even when your PC is off.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 448
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Caledon Ken said:
    If you connect printer as a network printer and point to it in chrome, the Google Cloud Print in chrome settings the mobile app should find the printer even when your PC is off.
    O.k. I will try tomorrow. For the information, my printer is HP1020 Plus. Though it is not wifi but it works as wifi and support cloud print. It is connected with USB. But is it necessary to connect it as a network printer.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 27,672
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #9

    I don't think it is necessary but it would then eliminate the need for Chrome to be open.

    Not sure how google has it configured way down in code. A network device has an IP assigned.

    There is the option to allow Chrome to run in background. With this enable maybe it will see it.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 448
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Caledon Ken said:
    I don't think it is necessary but it would then eliminate the need for Chrome to be open.

    Not sure how google has it configured way down in code. A network device has an IP assigned.

    There is the option to allow Chrome to run in background. With this enable maybe it will see it.
    Thanks, You tried to help me but I could not find way to install my printer as a network printer. It may be a difficult procedure so I think it will be better to keep Chrome always open to get cloud print.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums