Latest Thunderbird Release 68.0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,882
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #1

    Latest Thunderbird Release 68.0


    I just got this today. I believe it is just released, although the release notes says August 15, 2019.

    Very quick major new build. Options are more like Firefox now. Nice build.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-08-27_14h14_43.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	244663

    Thunderbird — Release Notes (68.0) — Mozilla
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #2

    I am not being offered this from the normal update route, hmmmmmm

    It is still showing 60.8.0 on the download page also

    Not directed at you specifically TC. Just stating what I see
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.   My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #4

    I have it download, but hesitant to install it. It might make my TT DeepDark not work and have my Tbird with white partially or all over my UI
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,882
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Access Denied said: View Post
    I am not being offered this from the normal update route, hmmmmmm

    It is still showing 60.8.0 on the download page also

    Not directed at you specifically TC. Just stating what I see
    It came in to me via PatchMyPC updates. I can't find the release link either. But it doesn't say Beta anywhere on my install. T-Bird has been slow in the past to update sites, so give it a while. I just got it about an hour ago.



    ah! Didn't see your new post with the link. Thanks.

    Latest Thunderbird Release 68.0
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,882
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Access Denied said: View Post
    I have it download, but hesitant to install it. It might make my TT DeepDark not work and have my Tbird with white partially or all over my UI
    If that's a Legacy Extension, it may not work. But 68.0 follows a lot more like Firefox now, with the options and menus.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-08-27_14h32_53.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	244665
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7.    #7

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    If that's a Legacy Extension, it may not work. But 68.0 follows a lot more like Firefox now, with the options and menus.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-08-27_14h32_53.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	244665
    I have mine set to all dark with the colors like your pic now. Before when I tried the 68 beta, my Events bar on the right was bright and I mean like staring at the sun bright white. It is so annoying when I bring up Tbird, but I do not leave it up on my other screen unless I am reading or moving mails. If it doesn't work in the new one, I will have to try to put the old one back on here. It caused a mess the last time and I had to totally remove Tbird/reinstall it. I could always just have MR run before I install it. Much faster and easier lol.

    TT DeepDark only works up to 61* as of now, like it has said for a while now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,882
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Access Denied said: View Post
    I have mine set to all dark with the colors like your pic now. Before when I tried the 68 beta, my Events bar on the right was bright and I mean like staring at the sun bright white. It is so annoying when I bring up Tbird, but I do not leave it up on my other screen unless I am reading or moving mails. If it doesn't work in the new one, I will have to try to put the old one back on here. It caused a mess the last time and I had to totally remove Tbird/reinstall it. I could always just have MR run before I install it. Much faster and easier lol.

    TT DeepDark only works up to 61* as of now, like it has said for a while now.
    You can turn that right pane as dark as you want and the text any color, and the links. It has the universal rainbow color picker now.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-08-27_14h41_38.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	244666
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    #9

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    You can turn that right pane as dark as you want and the text any color, and the links. It has the universal rainbow color picker now.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-08-27_14h41_38.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	244666
    Cool, I am running MR now, in the case something goes awry. Thanks TC
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,882
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Access Denied said: View Post
    Cool, I am running MR now, in the case something goes awry. Thanks TC
    This is a hunk of mine, you see it matches the light blue in the background color.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-08-27_14h45_36.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	244667
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
The latest update 60.0a1 (2018-02-01) totally broke the software. It won't connect to my email server, rendering it useless for email. It also won't show my calendar, or task list, won't show the Options window, and won't show What's New either. ...
Daily is the name given to the new replacement for Mozilla Thunderbird. It often has daily updates, and the one today (08 Jan 2016) causes it to lose all email settings. As a result, when it start is shows no existing email, no email account, and...
Hi folks, When windows 10 was first released I downloaded it and burned to DVD using the media creation tool from Microsoft. As windows 10 has now had a major update, and I want to create a DVD with that update on it, without having to...
Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper (Link) See above link for more details.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43.
Find Us