Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?


  1. Posts : 355
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1803
       #1

    Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?


    Hello,

    I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bureaublad.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	241596

    However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bug met Tabblad Edge.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	241597

    Notice that YouTube doesn't have any icon now.

    I don't know what triggered this. Removing the websites and putting them again doesn't fix the problem. I have Windows 10 Pro x64 1809.

    Anyone else experiencing this bug lately? Perhaps someone can test this out with the websites that I have shown?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 7,327
    Mac OS Mojave
       #2

    .ico issues have been around for a long time. It is all up to the creator and maintainer of those websitesto make sure that the .ico that gets passed is kept up to date for all browser flavors and updates of same.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 355
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1803
    Thread Starter
       #3

    bro67 said: View Post
    .ico issues have been around for a long time. It is all up to the creator and maintainer of those websitesto make sure that the .ico that gets passed is kept up to date for all browser flavors and updates of same.
    Isn't it too coincidental that all of my 8 top websites on the New Tabs page don't have their icons rendered correctly, caused by each of their creators? Mind you, this is Edge's New Tab page I'm talking about.

    Perhaps you could test this out? In Edge's Settings please choose the following:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edge-New-Tab-Page.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	241666

    Then add for example, facebook.com to one of the empty boxes on a new tabs page
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 7,327
    Mac OS Mojave
       #4

    I just checked Edge on my iPad and it is a Edge problem. I really do not even notice the icon, since it can be changed by the site owner and other methods. As long as the site is cirrect and not malformed or spoofed, just keep using standard practices, aling with not clicking links in emails and posts, but pasting them into the address bar to look for phish/spoofing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 355
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1803
    Thread Starter
       #5

    bro67 said: View Post
    I just checked Edge on my iPad and it is a Edge problem. I really do not even notice the icon, since it can be changed by the site owner and other methods. As long as the site is cirrect and not malformed or spoofed, just keep using standard practices, aling with not clicking links in emails and posts, but pasting them into the address bar to look for phish/spoofing.


    The icons do bring me to the correct websies. It's just that they look ugly and YouTube does not even have an icon. I'm not sure why Edge is showing it this way lately.

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 7,327
    Mac OS Mojave
       #6

    It stems back to the same issues with IE. I do not even notice if there is any icon for the website. I just care that the site is not a Phish or rerouted to a malware site appearing as the trusted site.
      My ComputersSystem Spec



  7. Posts : 355
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1803
    Thread Starter
       #7

    bro67 said: View Post
    It stems back to the same issues with IE. I do not even notice if there is any icon for the website. I just care that the site is not a Phish or rerouted to a malware site appearing as the trusted site.

    I just sent a feedback about this. It's weird this problem randomly just pops up like this at my end.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
i can only see icons if the apps are on an internal drive. apps that are on an external drive i don't see the correct icons. they all look the same and i have to resize them from small to medium so i see the app's title. i'm running the latest...
How to Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. By default, Firefox displays Search bar, Top Sites (sites you visit most),...
Solved Tabs not openening with home page in Browsers and Email
I have set Google as my homepage, when I open a new tab, this opens with MSN, is there a way I can set tabs to open as my homepage?
I have a couple questions about Firefox private browsing. I use a shortcut to open Firefox directly in private browsing mode: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -private Every time I open in private mode, it defaults to the purple...
Hi guys! We're having an issue with a laptop computer connected to an external screen where the tabs in internet explorer are huge compared to the other browsers. When not connected to an external screen there is no problem with huge tabs....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:45.
Find Us