View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft Edge

    1 33.33%
  • Google Chrome

    1 33.33%
  • Firefox

    1 33.33%
  • Other

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    06 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    I don't have depression.
    Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview

    Whole system hangs when opening keyboard


    Hi guys! After the upgrade to Windows 10 (i upgraded to the Insider Preview) some time ago, i found the browser, we known as project spartan. Today, it's called Microsoft Edge. Since the beginning, i had a problem with the browser that made it very frustrating to use. When I touch a textfield in the browser (not the addressbar) the whole OS just hangs for like 8-15 sec, then it works as snappy as usual. It made me almost switch to chrome but it's poorly optimized for touch.
    Do you guys know how to fix this problem without reinstalling the system?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    I don't have depression.
    Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
    Thread Starter

    Bump
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    07 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,791
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Hi there. Is this on your Lamina T-701? If so, I would think it to be either onscreen keyboard driver or display driver. Are they up to date? Admittedly not familiar with that tablet. Is there anything on your OEM site relating to this problem?

    Your system specs are rather confusing to me. You have 3 Pcs/devices listed (Packard Bell/Debranded/Lamina T-701) and 3 OSs (None/None/Windows 10 Pro) so I'm assuming it is the Lamina T-701. No OS on your Packard Bell and Debranded?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    07 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    I don't have depression.
    Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Hi there. Is this on your Lamina T-701? If so, I would think it to be either onscreen keyboard driver or display driver. Are they up to date? Admittedly not familiar with that tablet. Is there anything on your OEM site relating to this problem?

    Your system specs are rather confusing to me. You have 3 Pcs/devices listed (Packard Bell/Debranded/Lamina T-701) and 3 OSs (None/None/Windows 10 Pro) so I'm assuming it is the Lamina T-701. No OS on your Packard Bell and Debranded?
    Hi there! Yes this is on my TabletPC lamina. Funny, How the Lamina brand is so generic, it doesnt even have a website. My Stationary PC is not currently working, as the motherboard needs replacing, and I can't decide what OS I shall run on my Debranded (It has no brand anymore) Laptop. So my only functioning PC is the Lamina Tablet. Yes I did update the drivers, but not the touch input drivers as I didn't know about its existence.

    EDIT: Laptop now working
    Last edited by wzor; 08 Aug 2015 at 13:58.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,791
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Yes, there should be a touch screen driver. Hopefully they'll have one for 10. Perhaps it's one for 8.1, assuming that's what you upgraded from?

    What driver do you see in Device manager?

    And how do you obtain drivers without an OEM site?

    Another thing I thought of and not sure for I don't have a tablet, although I do have a Lumia 1520 Windows phone 8.1 phablet. The full-blown PC edition fits on your tablet? I thought there was going to be a tablet edition released also. No?
    Last edited by HippsieGypsie; 07 Aug 2015 at 20:42.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    08 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    I don't have depression.
    Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Yes, there should be a touch screen driver. Hopefully they'll have one for 10. Perhaps it's one for 8.1, assuming that's what you upgraded from?

    What driver do you see in Device manager?

    And how do you obtain drivers without an OEM site?

    Another thing I thought of and not sure for I don't have a tablet, although I do have a Lumia 1520 Windows phone 8.1 phablet. The full-blown PC edition fits on your tablet? I thought there was going to be a tablet edition released also. No?
    Oh, you mean the Touchscreen driver. I misunderstood you. All drivers are up to date.

    The tablet edition will simply be Windows 10 Mobile blown up for tablets, but it will be released at the same time as Windows 10 Mobile for phones Which is probably November-October. All devices below 8 Inches will run Windows 10 Mobile. Untill that, I'm stuck with a full desktop/10inch-tablet experience on my tiny 7-inch screen.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    08 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,791
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wzor View Post
    Oh, you mean the Touchscreen driver. I misunderstood you. All drivers are up to date.

    The tablet edition will simply be Windows 10 Mobile blown up for tablets, but it will be released at the same time as Windows 10 Mobile for phones Which is probably November-October. All devices below 8 Inches will run Windows 10 Mobile. Untill that, I'm stuck with a full desktop/10inch-tablet experience on my tiny 7-inch screen.
    Well, I guess you've done all you can, yes? Personally I don't know what to tell you other than the freezing is the system is catching up due to the OS not designed for your device? Trying to process too much data then finally catches up?

    I heard the mobile edition may be out as soon as September. We'll see.

    Perhaps someone else may have a solution for you. Please post any results if you do?

    Good luck to you wzor.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    08 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    I don't have depression.
    Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Well, I guess you've done all you can, yes? Personally I don't know what to tell you other than the freezing is the system is catching up due to the OS not designed for your device? Trying to process too much data then finally catches up?

    I heard the mobile edition may be out as soon as September. We'll see.

    Perhaps someone else may have a solution for you. Please post any results if you do?

    Good luck to you wzor.
    The OS is indeed designed for my device, but it will be updated later on to Mobile. Hope you're right about the September as I can't wait for it to get released. That is definitely a bug, not lack in processing power. Thanks anyways!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    08 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,791
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wzor View Post
    The OS is indeed designed for my device, but it will be updated later on to Mobile. Hope you're right about the September as I can't wait for it to get released. That is definitely a bug, not lack in processing power. Thanks anyways!
    Ok. Good luck to all of us!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
System Hangs
I have had repeated problems with system hangs since installation on July 29. The latest updates 3pm today have been applied. I have disabled most tasks in startup but so far still getting hangs varying from a few minutes till an hour or more. I...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Frequent System Hangs any program
HI: I am seeing frequent hangs of varying times after reboot. Many times a few minutes after boot, often 15 minutes after boot, once as long as 5 hours till requested shutdown. Typically most activity freezes things, the mouse might still work...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved Frequent system hangs
HI: I am seeing frequent hangs of varying times after reboot. Many times a few minutes after boot, often 15 minutes after boot, once as long as 5 hours till requested shutdown. Typically most activity freezes things, the mouse might still work but...
Performance & Maintenance
9879 update - Muuse driver won't install and system hangs
Hi there I've posted this in this section rather than the VM one since I'm not sure if it's a generic Windows 9879 problem or a VMware one. Using a Microsoft mouse (so they SHOULD have drivers for it !!!!) - after doing the latest updates I...
Virtualization
Glitch 1 (not a showstopper) News app Hangs system
Hi there I was just trying out the News app from the menu - running as a VM (W10 x-64) System Hangs -- since I'm not too bothered about Metro apps (yet) I am not to bothered about this. Could I suggest a thread somewhere we we could...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums