Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #1

    Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"


    Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier, the Facebook chat doesn't show whether someone's online on Web or on Mobile, no matter which browser I use. It used to show this in Windows 7, but from what I've seen, it's gone in Windows 8, too.
      My Computer

  2. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 20H2
       #2

    Used Facebook i have seen it in Firefox, have to try Edge.
      My Computer

  3. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 20H2
       #3

    Working on Edge too, you mean off to the right of screen, showing who is on Facebook, then click name can chat with them ?
    Recheck settings in Facebook, make sure have done windows update, check other browsers for updates for extensions like Adobe too.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    jds63 said:
    Working on Edge too, you mean off to the right of screen, showing who is on Facebook, then click name can chat with them ?
    Recheck settings in Facebook, make sure have done windows update, check other browsers for updates for extensions like Adobe too.
    That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the "Web" and "Mobile" status that should appear right next to the green dot when a person is online.
      My Computer

  5. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 20H2
       #5

    For me only a green dot for who is online and phone icon to right of persons name that used mobile, don't recall it being different.
    Not sure how this has to do with Windows version you are using and how this can change that, thinking only facebook can.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Well, it had that chat icon in Windows 7. Why would they remove it based on the version of Windows?
      My Computer

  7. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 20H2
       #7

    Far as i know chat icon when you click the name on right, then chat opens at bottom of your screen on the right.
    How are you accessing facebook, using some app or a browser only ?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    jds63 said:
    Far as i know chat icon when you click the name on right, then chat opens at bottom of your screen on the right.
    How are you accessing facebook, using some app or a browser only ?
    With my browser. And I'm not talking about the green dot. I'm talking about the "Web" and "Mobile" statuses.
      My Computer

  9. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 20H2
       #9

    Shakespear said:
    With my browser. And I'm not talking about the green dot. I'm talking about the "Web" and "Mobile" statuses.
    Personal reasons i will not show you my page screenshot, so we can understand what you are seeing and i am, because we both have windows 10 and i see no differences in Facebook. Can not see how Windows 10 made this change, seems odd, a web page.
    Sorry maybe someone else can make light of this then.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    jds63 said:
    Personal reasons i will not show you my page screenshot, so we can understand what you are seeing and i am, because we both have windows 10 and i see no differences in Facebook. Can not see how Windows 10 made this change, seems odd, a web page.
    Sorry maybe someone else can make light of this then.
    This is what I'm talking about: facebook chat images web and mobile - Google Search
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums