Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds are now ready for you to try

Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,733
    W10 pro x64 Skip Ahead + Edge Dev
       #101

    Maybe a dumb question...


    Are updates to Edge Insider enclosed within the normal Windows Update wrapper or do they occur separately?

    In other words if I pause WU for 7 days and an Edge Insider update is released... what happens. Would it install or would it not?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. swarfega's Avatar
    Posts : 5,295
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #102

    Edge updates don't come via WU.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,733
    W10 pro x64 Skip Ahead + Edge Dev
       #103

    Thanks for that
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. reddice's Avatar
    Posts : 602
    Windows 10 Home
       #104

    Could not sync my account in left feedback. I removed it though after setting everything up then trying to fix the sync issue and it removed all my extensions and settings. Then I don't see the point it is just a skinned version of Chrome even the way it installs and updates so what's the point I will just stay with Chrome. I will only use the Chrome Edge version when it replaces the App Edge version in some future RS update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. swarfega's Avatar
    Posts : 5,295
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #105

    reddice said: View Post
    Could not sync my account in left feedback. I removed it though after setting everything up then trying to fix the sync issue and it removed all my extensions and settings. Then I don't see the point it is just a skinned version of Chrome even the way it installs and updates so what's the point I will just stay with Chrome. I will only use the Chrome Edge version when it replaces the App Edge version in some future RS update.
    Microsoft aren' the first company to borrow from Chromium, several others have such as Vivaldi. Chrome works the same way when you uninstall it, it uninstalls the extensions as well. You would want it to. Apple are making a Chrome based browser now too?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. Fisher Mann's Avatar
    Posts : 424
    Win 10 Pro x64 18985 Fast
       #106

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    Drop-down menus with the "fluent controls" flag enabled:

    Drop-down menus.

    Drop-down menus.


    PS, I hide these gifs under a link because some users don't like to see those animations or they get "dizzy", some time ago a user here (now banned), told me about that and since that time I try to hide the gifs inside a link. @Brink
    Enabled " Fluent Controls" but where are the actuals controls/settings located? I also enabled the experimental controls.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 1,620
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 18985,18362.329
       #107

    Fisher Mann said: View Post
    Enabled " Fluent Controls" but where are the actuals controls/settings located? I also enabled the experimental controls.
    If you refer to options to control the fluent effects, that doesn't exist, what the flag refers to is that they will add fluent design effects to the different browser controls.

    Microsoft Edge Insider will use Fluent Design for form controls (and you can enable it today).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Fisher Mann's Avatar
    Posts : 424
    Win 10 Pro x64 18985 Fast
       #108

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    If you refer to options to control the fluent effects, that doesn't exist, what the flag refers to is that they will add fluent design effects to the different browser controls.

    Microsoft Edge Insider will use Fluent Design for form controls (and you can enable it today).
    Thanks,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,618
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #109

    This is driving crazy too, using the Canary:

    I'm a very lousy typist and depend on the proof reading tools(spell check).
    I can't wait until they get it up and going.
    Until then, for large or complicated, I need to switch to Chrome.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 126
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #110

    No Edge Canary yesterday but this morning updated to...
    Version 75.0.127.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Microsoft Edge Insider builds: Troubleshoot install and updates Microsoft Edge Support UPDATE 3/25: Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store UPDATE 4/8: Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds are now ready for...
Source: Introducing the Microsoft Edge DevTools Preview app - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog
Browsers & Email Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge in Tutorials
How to Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. ...
Source: Microsoft Edge extensions now available to preview | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog See also: Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge - Windows 10 Forums How to Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33.
Find Us