Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    03 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro

    Windows 10 Mail App Issue


    My Microsoft Account is using an @Outlook.com (Outlook) address. However, the mail app is always connecting an @Live.com (Exchange) address. When I change my account to a local account, I am able to remove the @Live.com (Exchange) account, and add my @Outlook.com (Outlook) address. When I go back to sync my account with my Microsoft Account, the @Outlook.com (Outlook) is removed, and the @Live.com (Exchange) email is added, and I cannot remove it.

    Right now, the mail app is using an @Live.com (Exchange) email that I do not want to use. I tried adding an @Outlook.com (Outlook) email that I use, and I get an error saying

    "Something went wrong. We're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error Code: 0x8000ffff"

    I want to be able to use the mail app, but I do not want to use my @Live.com address since I do not use it at all. My @Outlook.com address is set as my primary email. I don't get why the Mail app isn't using my primary email address!

    What's the deal?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Lots of problems with the mail app, you are not alone. I had problems adding an Outlook email and found this solution. Here is a link, look for METHOD 1 in the first reply on the thread.
    It worked for me.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-7d72b9169cb1

    P.S. Forgot to add.....that when you get to the "CREDENTIAL MANAGER" you can right click, then click properties
    (to STOP or set to AUTOMATIC) (Method 1: item 4.)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    Lots of problems with the mail app, you are not alone. I had problems adding an Outlook email and found this solution. Here is a link, look for METHOD 1 in the first reply on the thread.
    It worked for me.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-7d72b9169cb1

    P.S. Forgot to add.....that when you get to the "CREDENTIAL MANAGER" you can right click, then click properties
    (to STOP or set to AUTOMATIC) (Method 1: item 4.)
    Still no luck. I'm also getting a different error than he was. I'm getting 0x8000ffff.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    05 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LordXaero View Post
    Still no luck. I'm also getting a different error than he was. I'm getting 0x8000ffff.
    Sorry it did not work. At this point my only thought is (as a temporary fix) can you FORWARD your email from Outlook.com to Live.com ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    05 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    Sorry it did not work. At this point my only thought is (as a temporary fix) can you FORWARD your email from Outlook.com to Live.com ?
    I haven't tried. I tried the method one more time, and it has literally broke my computer.

    I got home from work, and was able to log into my desktop computer. I was in the process of following the instructions on how to fix an issue with the Mail App. One of the instructions told me to disable Credential Manger, and Restart, and then after restarting, start Credential Manager again, and set it to automatic.

    After I disabled, and restarted however, my computer has rendered itself unusable at this point. My computer presents itself with a spinning circle before login, and that's it. The option to login never shows up. I have left my computer on for more than an hour, and it's still sitting there with the spinning circle. The only thing I am able to do is Control Alt Delete, and show three options at the bottom of the screen, Connect to Internet, Ease of access, and Shut Down.

    I have restarted, and I am still presenting with the spinning circle. Hours ago, my desktop computer was able to be used. Now, it is completely useless cause I can't even log in...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    05 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LordXaero View Post
    I haven't tried. I tried the method one more time, and it has literally broke my computer.

    I got home from work, and was able to log into my desktop computer. I was in the process of following the instructions on how to fix an issue with the Mail App. One of the instructions told me to disable Credential Manger, and Restart, and then after restarting, start Credential Manager again, and set it to automatic.

    After I disabled, and restarted however, my computer has rendered itself unusable at this point. My computer presents itself with a spinning circle before login, and that's it. The option to login never shows up.
    I am very sorry, I did that same procedure with Credential Manager on my computer with no ill effects. Afterwards I could add the Outlook account I was trying to add.

    That link came from Microsoft. I did not think it was dangerous. Again I apologize. Can you boot in safe mode?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    05 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    I am very sorry, I did that same procedure with Credential Manager on my computer with no ill effects. Afterwards I could add the Outlook account I was trying to add.

    That link came from Microsoft. I did not think it was dangerous. Again I apologize. Can you boot in safe mode?
    Windows 10 doesn't allow you to boot in safe mode without first being logged in, or creating a Recover on a USB Drive. F8 no longer works before boot up. Not sure why they changed this.

    I tried doing a Recovery on a USB Drive using my laptop tablet, but it won't let me. I am now worried, because I have over 15 years of memories on my desktop, so reformatting is not an option.

    All I did was restart my computer, and now it is completely useless...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    LORDXaero,
    Do you have Recovery media you made from any previous version of Windows?

    Because 340 other people have viewed this thread, for their benefit I want to add the following.
    I did this the very first thing after upgrading to Windows 10.

    Hopefully everyone will create a restore point before making changes and have already created a Windows 10 Rescue Disc and Recovery USB flash drive. You need these things before attempting any changes to your computer.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    LORDXaero,
    Do you have Recovery media you made from any previous version of Windows?

    Because 340 other people have viewed this thread, for their benefit I want to add the following.
    I did this the very first thing after upgrading to Windows 10.

    Hopefully everyone will create a restore point before making changes and have already created a Windows 10 Rescue Disc and Recovery USB flash drive. You need these things before attempting any changes to your computer.

    I was able to recover my computer. After hard resetting it several times, it allowed me to boot in Safe Mod, where I was able to enable Credential Manager. Apparently turning that off screwed up logging into my computer.

    I'll have to create a Rescue Disk just in case though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    07 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LordXaero View Post
    I was able to recover my computer. After hard resetting it several times, it allowed me to boot in Safe Mod, where I was able to enable Credential Manager. Apparently turning that off screwed up logging into my computer.

    I'll have to create a Rescue Disk just in case though.
    I am very relieved. Great news.
    Below are two ways to get to "repair disc" and "recovery flash drive" I really think they work together. For example after I created the USB it automatically asked if I wanted to create a Repair Disc.

    It will also ask if you want to remove the Recovery partition to save HDD space. I said no because I might want to make another USB flash drive in the future. So you are actually copying the Recovery Partition to the USB. You will need a 16 GB flash drive and a fairly high capacity disc - I use 4.7 GB DVD's because I have a lot of them. Any info already on the flash drive will be erased. My computer never had Windows 7 - Win 7 shows up in my images below. I read somewhere that Windows 10 uses the same recovery as Windows 7. (My computer had Windows 8 installed when new, then I updated to 8.1).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	29381

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	29380
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Update issue.. UEFI firmware issue
14703 Any suggestions??
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Syncing e-mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail app error code 80072726
Hey guys, I am enjoying Windows 10! for the most part.... Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro does fine. Core i7-4500U 256 SSD 8 GB or RAM This may be more of a networking issue and how the Mail App communicates over the network. I am not able to sync any...
Software and Apps
Windows Mail Issue
has anyone had an issue with Windows Mail? I have got on two occasions the error message 'wwahost.exe is not reponding'. what i do after startup is open windows mail so it is in the background, sometime when i go back to the app it shows this...
Browsers and Email
Solved Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?
I've used WLM 2012 with Windows 7 and it has worked fine all these years. After installing 10 I see it contains its own Mail app. Is it possible to transfer all my emails and settings from WLM to Mail?
Browsers and Email
Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?
When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default. Is this migration possible? Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums