Edge quit working on Windows Insider Program  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 29,604
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #11

    GARoss said:
    I tried bellow & made no difference.

    a. Navigate to the location:

    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

    b. Delete everything in this folder.

    c. Type Windows Powershell in search box.

    d. Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

    e. Copy and paste the following command.

    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}
    Did the command finished successfully? And you restarted after?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 398
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, Version 22H2 (OS Build 22622.290)
    Thread Starter
       #12

    AndreTen said:
    Did the command finished successfully? And you restarted after?
    There were 2 folders that didn't delete - AC & Settings. I tried several times but could not delete them.

    I did restart before trying Edge again.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 29,604
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #13

    I see, you have PC Matic AV. Can you disable it (temporary) and check Edge?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 398
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, Version 22H2 (OS Build 22622.290)
    Thread Starter
       #14

    AndreTen said:
    I see, you have PC Matic AV. Can you disable it (temporary) and check Edge?
    If I disable PC Matic Edge works. Is this a "whitelist fix"?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 29,604
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #15

    GARoss said:
    If I disable PC Matic Edge works. Is this a "whitelist fix"?
    Think you found the culprit. Have no idea how to whitelist with PC Matic.. Is it any good?
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 398
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, Version 22H2 (OS Build 22622.290)
    Thread Starter
       #16

    AndreTen said:
    Think you found the culprit. Have no idea how to whitelist with PC Matic.. Is it any good?
    There has been apps that communicate via the internet that PC Matic will block but a popup occurs & you can okay the app as good. It will not occur again after that. This isn't happening for Edge.

    I contacted PC Matic & they had me create a file for them to evaluate. It was sent automatically upon finishing. Edge does work if I turn protection off, then back on again & seems okay until I restart the PC. I have no idea what that's about.

    Maybe I used Whitelist loosely as I assumed PC Matic needed to have Edge on their "good app" list or something.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 29,604
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #17

    GARoss said:
    I contacted PC Matic & they had me create a file for them to evaluate. It was sent automatically upon finishing. Edge does work if I turn protection off, then back on again & seems okay until I restart the PC. I have no idea what that's about.

    Maybe I used Whitelist loosely as I assumed PC Matic needed to have Edge on their "good app" list or something.
    Could be that Edge was updated and it wasn't whitelisted yet...

    When the problem is known, solution is just a matter of time
    found this on their forums:
    See if Advanced Mode in Super Shield helps in your situation:

    Super Shield Advanced:
    Please set Super Shield in Advanced Mode as follows:
    Click the Green Super Shield icon in the lower right corner of the task bar
    Move the cursor up to "Protection Level" **don't click**
    Move the cursor to: "Block Notification Method" **don't click**
    Move the cursor to: "Prompt for Override (Advanced)" <<Click Here>>

    When you open the program in question again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your local white list by clicking on the red "Always Allow" button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the local black list by clicking on the green "Always Block" button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.
    Please note that Advanced Mode is only recommended for the brief period of time to whitelist an item. Please return Super Shield back to it's default "Super Shield Protection" level once the white listing has been completed.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 398
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, Version 22H2 (OS Build 22622.290)
    Thread Starter
       #18

    GARoss said:
    I've been running Windows Insider Program for awhile without issues until now.
    Current Windows 10 version is 1809 (OS Build 17763.1)
    I am running an Windows Insider Program, as I mentioned in my first post, so apparently something changed within Edge that PC Matic doesn't like.

    I'll check your new suggestions.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 398
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, Version 22H2 (OS Build 22622.290)
    Thread Starter
       #19

    AndreTen said:
    Could be that Edge was updated and it wasn't whitelisted yet...

    When the problem is known, solution is just a matter of time
    found this on their forums:
    See if Advanced Mode in Super Shield helps in your situation:

    Super Shield Advanced:
    Please set Super Shield in Advanced Mode as follows:
    Click the Green Super Shield icon in the lower right corner of the task bar
    Move the cursor up to "Protection Level" **don't click**
    Move the cursor to: "Block Notification Method" **don't click**
    Move the cursor to: "Prompt for Override (Advanced)" <<Click Here>>

    When you open the program in question again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your local white list by clicking on the red "Always Allow" button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the local black list by clicking on the green "Always Block" button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.
    Please note that Advanced Mode is only recommended for the brief period of time to whitelist an item. Please return Super Shield back to it's default "Super Shield Protection" level once the white listing has been completed.


    I had forgotten how to do this. This is what I was referring to in my last post but unfortunately this had no effect.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 29,604
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #20

    GARoss said:
    See if Advanced Mode in Super Shield helps in your situation:

    Super Shield Advanced:
    Please set Super Shield in Advanced Mode as follows:
    Click the Green Super Shield icon in the lower right corner of the task bar
    Move the cursor up to "Protection Level" **don't click**
    Move the cursor to: "Block Notification Method" **don't click**
    Move the cursor to: "Prompt for Override (Advanced)" <<Click Here>>

    When you open the program in question again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your local white list by clicking on the red "Always Allow" button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the local black list by clicking on the green "Always Block" button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.
    Please note that Advanced Mode is only recommended for the brief period of time to whitelist an item. Please return Super Shield back to it's default "Super Shield Protection" level once the white listing has been completed.


    I had forgotten how to do this. This is what I was referring to in my last post but unfortunately this had no effect.
    Then wait for them to send you instructions. You've told that you sent them log files..
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums