Windows 10: Firefox Slower to Launch in Windows 10

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    2 Weeks Ago #21

    Lagnaetti said: View Post
    Yes I did. I even reinstalled Windows for a different reason and it's still the same.
    I do not know what else it could be. Do you use the 64 Bit Firefox?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    2 Weeks Ago #22

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    I do not know what else it could be. Do you use the 64 Bit Firefox?
    Yes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    2 Weeks Ago #23

    OK the only other thing that I could think of would be to use REVO uninstaller and remove all traces of Firefox. Then do a windows search, remove everything it finds. Then re install Firefox 59.0.2 without any extensions. The free version can be found at the site below. I believe that you can use The Pro as a Trial. If all of this fails try Chrome

    Download Revo Uninstaller - MajorGeeks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    2 Weeks Ago #24

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    OK the only other thing that I could think of would be to use REVO uninstaller and remove all traces of Firefox. Then do a windows search, remove everything it finds. Then re install Firefox 59.0.2 without any extensions. The free version can be found at the site below. I believe that you can use The Pro as a Trial. If all of this fails try Chrome

    Download Revo Uninstaller - MajorGeeks
    Wouldn't reinstalling Windows itself be equivalent or better than that?
    I prefer not to use google stuff as much as I can This is a minor annoyance which is not worth it
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    2 Weeks Ago #25

    Lagnaetti said: View Post
    Wouldn't reinstalling Windows itself be equivalent or better than that?
    I prefer not to use google stuff as much as I can This is a minor annoyance which is not worth it
    I use Slimjet as a secondary Browser which is Chromium Based and it is really fast. YouTube videos play in full screen. It also can be modified unlike Chrome. I don't like Chrome either. Maybe the SCU will fix it.

    "http://www.slimjet.com/"]Fastest web browser that blocks all ads and protects your privacy[/DEL] - Slimjet
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    2 Weeks Ago #26

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    I use Slimjet as a secondary Browser which is Chromium Based and it is really fast. YouTube videos play in full screen. It also can be modified unlike Chrome. I don't like Chrome either. Maybe the SCU will fix it.

    "http://www.slimjet.com/"]Fastest web browser that blocks all ads and protects your privacy[/DEL] - Slimjet
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try that. But i really prefer using a single browser and I love firefox. This is not a huge issue as I said, but it's annoying having used it comfortably for a long time and then having issues for unknown reasons.
    What's SCU?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 436
    Win10 Pro 64bit 1803 ver 17134.1
       2 Weeks Ago #27

    Lagnaetti said: View Post
    What's SCU?
    Spring Creators Update for Windows 10 due in April.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    2 Weeks Ago #28

    Access Denied said: View Post
    Spring Creators Update for Windows 10 due in April.
    Oh, didn't know about that acronym
    But hopefully it will fix things.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 32,491
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       2 Weeks Ago #29

    Lagnaetti said: View Post
    16299.309
    You're missing the March Windows Cumulative Updates. Might correct something amiss in your system.

    Cumulative Update KB4089848 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.334 - Mar. 22 - Windows 10 Forums

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-04-08_11h47_56.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	183958
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    2 Weeks Ago #30

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    You're missing the March Windows Cumulative Updates. Might correct something amiss in your system.

    Cumulative Update KB4089848 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.334 - Mar. 22 - Windows 10 Forums

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-04-08_11h47_56.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	183958
    Why does my Windows update say it's up to date?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Boot time is getting slower and slower in Performance & Maintenance
    I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many...
    Is Windows 10 get?ting slower and lazier in Performance & Maintenance
    When I first installed Windows 10 I really liked it....but recently, my computer seems to be running much slower and at times freezes up for 30 or 40 seconds. Boot up and shut down seem to take forever, but when I want to go to sleep....it is...
    Programs load slower than windows 7 in Performance & Maintenance
    So I upgraded finally after I felt that windows 10 was on the right track. I noticed my programs load 5 to 8 seconds slower than with windows 7. I have 2 ssd drives and sometimes when I am searching for a file it will tell me "WORKING ON IT". ...
    Slower speeds with windows 10? in Network and Sharing
    Hello, My speeds before on speedtest were about 130 mbps. After just installing windows 10 I am getting a max of about 90. Any fix for this? What is the problem?
    Read more...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:15.
    Find Us