Windows 10: Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    09 Mar 2018 #1

    Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing


    I have to keep adding the Deleted Items folder to Favourites in Windows 10 mail program
    All the other folders I created stay there
    But every time I open Windows 10 Mail the Deleted Items folder has gone
    (In both accounts have in there)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,888
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       09 Mar 2018 #2

    JO69 said: View Post
    I have to keep adding the Deleted Items folder to Favourites in Windows 10 mail program
    All the other folders I created stay there
    But every time I open Windows 10 Mail the Deleted Items folder has gone
    (In both accounts have in there)
    Try to reset (you may loose your account info and reassign) Mail app. If this doesn't work, maybe reinstalling it would fix it.

    tenforums | tutorials -reinstall-re-register-apps-windows-10

    Run troubleshooter first
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Mar 2018 #3

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Try to reset (you may loose your account info and reassign) Mail app. If this doesn't work, maybe reinstalling it would fix it.

    tenforums | tutorials -reinstall-re-register-apps-windows-10

    Run troubleshooter first
    Ran the troubleshooter thanks
    See what happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,888
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       10 Mar 2018 #4

    JO69 said: View Post
    Ran the troubleshooter thanks
    See what happens.
    And, did it help?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Mar 2018 #5

    AndreTen said: View Post
    And, did it help?
    For 2 days
    I have 2 accounts in Window 10 Mail
    Both are Gmail. That's the only problem I have.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,888
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       12 Mar 2018 #6

    JO69 said: View Post
    For 2 days
    I have 2 accounts in Window 10 Mail
    Both are Gmail. That's the only problem I have.
    Good to hear. Hope it'll stick

    You can mark the thread as solved (green mark at the top)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    13 Mar 2018 #7

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Good to hear. Hope it'll stick

    You can mark the thread as solved (green mark at the top)
    Has stuck in one account but not the other one
    Have created more folders but they are still there
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3
    Windows 10 obviously
       15 Mar 2018 #8

    I'm getting this too. How does Microsoft manage to create such quirky bugs?

    I have a gmail and a regular IMAP account, I removed/deleted both, the following day after a reboot I tried to uninstall the app and found out I couldn't, but I did find that Windows 10 apps have a reset function that wipes them back to factory settings, so I did that. The next day I put my two accounts back in the app and before even altering any settings or starting to personalise the app my favourited Deleted Items folders were unfavourited again.

    Every single time I check mail and want to delete stuff I have to go through More > Deleted Items because adding that folder as a favourite just sees it get unfavourited again within hours.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    16 Mar 2018 #9

    krashd said: View Post
    I'm getting this too. How does Microsoft manage to create such quirky bugs?

    I have a gmail and a regular IMAP account, I removed/deleted both, the following day after a reboot I tried to uninstall the app and found out I couldn't, but I did find that Windows 10 apps have a reset function that wipes them back to factory settings, so I did that. The next day I put my two accounts back in the app and before even altering any settings or starting to personalise the app my favourited Deleted Items folders were unfavourited again.

    Every single time I check mail and want to delete stuff I have to go through More > Deleted Items because adding that folder as a favourite just sees it get unfavourited again within hours.
    So glad its not just me!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3
    Windows 10 obviously
       2 Weeks Ago #10

    LMAO, as if now to taunt me the 'Deleted Items' folder is gone from the 'More Folders' slide-out too, so it's not available anywhere in the app. I'll just have to check my mail in a browser and hope this nonsense gets sorted out.

    Peculiar bug.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Related Threads
    I am using IMAP , ISP is Comcast. What's the difference between Trash and Deleted Items folders? The 'Deleted Items " folder has always been empty . All deleted emails go to the "Trash" folder. Can I remove the 'Deleted Items" folder in...
    Hi there Trying to setup up my new computer, Windows 10 home. I have outlook 2016 and I tried to start without adding a new account and then tried to import from outlook 2010 pst file. I still have the old computer with outlook 2010 , all my...
    Hello all Can you help me please? I have recently started working from home and am using Mail for Windows 10. There is just one problem - I cannot see older items - items shown in folders only go back about a month Is there anyway of...
    Deleted Windows mail Folder in Browsers and Email
    I have tried to activate windows mail inwindows 10. I have did this on windows7 & 8 no problem. I have deleted the windows mail folder, now I can not paste the winows 8.1 windows mail back in the .:cry:
    Hi I've just set up Win 10 Mail to check my email accounts. It works really well and I get the notification banner/sound just fine - which is OK for when I'm working on my PC, but what if I'm not? The banner/notification disappears after a few...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:13.
    Find Us