1.    30 Jul 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Stephens City, VA
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Does mail run in the background?


    I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. I have three email accounts and was wondering if I 'X' out of the program if it runs in the background. I would rather not have it on my toolbar. Thank you in advance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    30 Jul 2015 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,726
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Hello Bob, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Yes. By default the Mail app is one turned on to run in the background. If you like, you can use the tutorial below to turn on or off apps to let run in the background.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    30 Jul 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Stephens City, VA
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    15 apps, not one is mail


    Thank you for a quick response. There were 15 apps there but not a mail one unless it is linked with calendar. A couple I am not sure what they are: @{Microsoft.People_1.10159.0.0_x65_8wekyb... and @{Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1506.19010.0...


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello Bob, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Yes. By default the Mail app is one turned on to run in the background. If you like, you can use the tutorial below to turn on or off apps to let run in the background.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Jul 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by bobconner View Post
    Thank you for a quick response. There were 15 apps there but not a mail one unless it is linked with calendar. A couple I am not sure what they are: @{Microsoft.People_1.10159.0.0_x65_8wekyb... and @{Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1506.19010.0...
    Hi,
    I have the same problem. I can't see windows 10 email app on background apps area, and I don't know how to put it there.
    I tryed to uninstall, mas I couldn't. It seems that it is system protected app.
    Any recommendation?
    Thanks in advance,
    HHC
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    31 Jul 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Stephens City, VA
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Mail is in background


    I left my PC on overnight and Mail was closed out. This morning new emails were in the notification box, so it is working. Also, after a restart last night, the notification flag started working. I can't change the notification sound though. It seems like the notification sounds in control panel are for the old Win7 even though they didn't work for Outlook 10 either. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by helderhcruz View Post
    Hi,
    I have the same problem. I can't see windows 10 email app on background apps area, and I don't know how to put it there.
    I tryed to uninstall, mas I couldn't. It seems that it is system protected app.
    Any recommendation?
    Thanks in advance,
    HHC
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    31 Jul 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Ok, thanks for your feedback.
    Let's try a good night sleep...

    Quote Originally Posted by bobconner View Post
    I left my PC on overnight and Mail was closed out. This morning new emails were in the notification box, so it is working. Also, after a restart last night, the notification flag started working. I can't change the notification sound though. It seems like the notification sounds in control panel are for the old Win7 even though they didn't work for Outlook 10 either. Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    31 Jul 2015 #7
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 99
    Windows 10

    Not my thread, but Mail notifications is turned on for me and doesn't show them. Not sure what the deal is, but it's annoying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    31 Jul 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Hi,
    I think it is always in background, but power save mode, switch off push emails.
    Now, with notifications, I can't understand how they work. I never seen an email notification.


    Quote Originally Posted by helderhcruz View Post
    Ok, thanks for your feedback.
    Let's try a good night sleep...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Background Picture
Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you.
Customization
Solved Lockscreen/Background
I have tried a few Builds of win 10 so far, with no crashes. Have been happy with the looks and it has run all my programs so far. Right now I am on Build 10159. But there is one thing that is not working like in Windows 8/8.1: The...
Customization
Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.
I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my...
Browsers and Email
How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?
Hello All. I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122. I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me...
Browsers and Email
Browsers & Email Change Mail app Background Picture in Windows 10
How to Change Background Picture of Mail app in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between your email and calendar. Mail...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums