Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 43
    Windows 10 Home
       #1

    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account


    Hello guys, i hope it's the right place to ask about my problem with windows 10 mail app.

    after i read some of the post's here:
    Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows Mail/Gmail Problem - Windows 10 Forums

    but i still not found any answer to my issue.

    i use mail app for long time after i move to windows 10.

    i tried some of thing i found to do, like: re-install app , delete windows permission in google , re-add account, play with the settings inside the app -- but nothing help!!!

    the mail app don't want to sync my gmail automatically , it's work only manually, i don't know if it's matter but i use two step verification.

    the interesting think that my outlook account work and update by himself with out any problem.

    i think this app need some fix it's work before so why not now?

    for testing i try to use mailbird -- work awesome!!

    i get the emails on my phone too so it's not google issue -- it's windows 10 issue!!!

    what i can do to fix that????
      My Computer

  2. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 20,655
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #2

    10win10 said:
    Hello guys, i hope it's the right place to ask about my problem with windows 10 mail app.

    after i read some of the post's here:
    Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows Mail/Gmail Problem - Windows 10 Forums

    but i still not found any answer to my issue.

    i use mail app for long time after i move to windows 10.

    i tried some of thing i found to do, like: re-install app , delete windows permission in google , re-add account, play with the settings inside the app -- but nothing help!!!

    the mail app don't want to sync my gmail automatically , it's work only manually, i don't know if it's matter but i use two step verification.

    the interesting think that my outlook account work and update by himself with out any problem.

    i think this app need some fix it's work before so why not now?

    for testing i try to use mailbird -- work awesome!!

    i get the emails on my phone too so it's not google issue -- it's windows 10 issue!!!

    what i can do to fix that????
    Did you try to reset Mail app? Settings / Apps / select Mail and Calendar, under name select Advanced options and scroll down , click reset.

    Gmail is working fine here with Mail app.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 43
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #3

    AndreTen said:
    Did you try to reset Mail app? Settings / Apps / select Mail and Calendar, under name select Advanced options and scroll down , click reset.

    Gmail is working fine here with Mail app.
    yes!!! i tried to do that a few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My Computer

  4. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 20,655
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #4

    10win10 said:
    yes!!! i tried to do that a few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tried setting new Windows account and check if it's working there? This would confirm something in your present account is messed.. (privacy setting or something).
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 1,635
    Windows 10
       #5

    If the Reset detailed in #2 does not work you can uninstall the Mail App and then re-install from the MS Store. There is a tutorial on here.
    You can also remove the Gmail Account, restart and add it back in again.

    Try a new Test Account.

    Use SFC and DISM to check your Windows 10 install. Tutorials on here.

    Gmail works here, no problem.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 43
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Ok thanks for your answers i will try to do it tomorrow.
    If my current account connect my outlook account and i will go to users folder and on my user i will add .old and enter again it's should re-build my profile again? Because when you mean to do new profile it's to do local?

    I already run dism and sfc commend and everything seems normal.

    When you write work you get automatically synchronization??
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 43
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #7

    hello again,
    after i create new local user and the mail app was already installed - i configure my gmail account.
    when the app was open it's seems he get sync and show new emails but when the app close and all the settings was set to get when emails come noting happen !!! but my phone get the email without any problem or delay!!!

    why!?!?!?
      My Computer

  8. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 20,655
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #8

    Just to clear something. You don't get mail delivered to you inbox (inside Mail app), or you don't get notifications (but mail is delivered...)

    And check your Inbox settings on Gmail. Deselect (for test only) any categories that may be checked and try this way

    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account-image.png

    Edit: this article form MS is worth checking out
    Last edited by AndreTen; 24 Jan 2018 at 11:40.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 43
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #9

    AndreTen said:
    Just to clear something. You don't get mail delivered to you inbox (inside Mail app), or you don't get notifications (but mail is delivered...)


    And check your Inbox settings on Gmail. Deselect (for test only) any categories that may be checked and try this way

    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account-image.png

    Edit: this article form MS is worth checking out
    Hi,
    i didn't get any message inside the app and of course not get any notification. but my outlook account work normalvery strange to me!!!

      My Computer

  10. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 20,655
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #10

    10win10 said:
    Hi,
    i didn't get any message inside the app and of course not get any notification. but my outlook account work normalvery strange to me!!!

    Could be connected with the way you are getting messages on your phone. Did you do any modifications? Admit, this is not my strongest point - phones, but like any other mail app, it can mark message as read and (or) preventing notification on other devices.

    You have default settings on Windows 10 Mail app? Set account via - add - gmail...?

    Oh, and what kind of phone are you using (if we will dig into this...)
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums