Time Spy - DirectX 12 benchmark test

  1.    #1511

    Simple test is to run TSE at +1000 on the mem or there about with your core OC'ed as well and see what happens. Mine will do +1000 in some tests, not in others. Also best to run a little lower than max mem allowed to score higher.

    In terms of the mem on these 2080ti's, the newer versions have been using Samsung as opposed to Micron, and the Samsung slays the Micron, as usual.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #1512

    doorules said: View Post
    Simple test is to run TSE at +1000 on the mem or there about with your core OC'ed as well and see what happens. Mine will do +1000 in some tests, not in others. Also best to run a little lower than max mem allowed to score higher.

    In terms of the mem on these 2080ti's, the newer versions have been using Samsung as opposed to Micron, and the Samsung slays the Micron, as usual.
    Yeah Samsung is better....I bought this card when it was 1st released about 3 months ago....from Nvidia
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    #1513

    Only one that has beaten my scores ...so far is You....LoL and that is because of your dam CPU ....which is much faster than mine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #1514

    Same here. bought early. I have seen a couple guys run at +1400 on their samsung mem, buggers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #1515

    doorules said: View Post
    Same here. bought early. I have seen a couple guys run at +1400 on their samsung mem, buggers.
    Also their price has gone up, since I bought mine....must be because of them using Samsung now.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #1516

    doorules said: View Post
    You have that gpu under water yet?

    Not sure if you have Micron or Samsung memory on the gpu, I do know you can go much higher almost for sure than you did in that TSE run. If Micron you should be able to get to +1000 on the mem, plus or minus a little depending upon the individual gpu.

    If you have Samsung mem than with good cooling +1400 is not unheard of on the mem.
    Thanks for the info. No, my card is on air (dual fans).

    This one of the weirdest build I've had when it comes to benchmarking and overclocking. It's the best build I had for regular use, but for OC/Benchmarks it's super weird.

    - Like I can score 14,800 on stock CPU speed but GPU overclocked than score only 15,000 running @ 52.

    - Card won't play nice with EVGA Precision or MSI After Burner, they can't control voltage nor fan speed. I tried to use both Asus tool to adjust fans , voltage, power and then EVGA for the rest of my tweaking, going directly to crash first second the bechmark starts.

    - Temps are not an issue, I run the A/C in my room when I OC and I never reach thermal throttling.

    - Asus OC Tool seem to be wanting to protect me from killing the card, so it does some weird things. When I enable the OSD I notice fluctuation in GPU speed from 1850 to 2150 for example. Rarely breaking 2000. Like the software want to take me by the hand as to not crash.

    - Asus OC tool also don't want me to go over +165 on GPU.

    - I must admit I didn't test the memory over 900+. Will do today.

    - I also tried to remove 2 of my 4 4266 sticks to get to 4266 ram, no go. 4K is what I reach. I also don't get better results with only 2 sticks nor better stability.

    - Updated to latest bios

    - I also tried 3600 and 2666 sticks I've laying around. (Don't remember exactly the latency, but the 2666 is Corsair Platinum and the 3600 is Corsair Vengeance. Maybe I should consider G-Skill).

    - My Motherboard has been criticized for the "phases". I'm not technical enough but started following gamer Nexus to get a better understanding of what all that stuff means.

    - Also, I just noticed (brain fart) I never connected the extra 4 pin connectors on the Z390. People said it was just for extreme overclocking. I'll try it nonetheless.

    I'm not ready for a custom loop to be honest. AIO is fine for me but I understand it's limiting me.

    Let's say that OC'ing that build is a head scratcher but I love it for the rest. It's solid, plenty fast, looks cool etc.

    Edit: Multiple edits, formatting and typos

    Edit 2: I'm tempted to use my second NVMe drive as a clean Windows install without all the crap I've installed. (Corsair drivers, Razer, icloud, google drive etc..)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7.    #1517

    You should really have that extra cpu power plugged in.

    In my experience it will be a long time before I try anything other than GSkill ram, Samsung b-die is what you are looking for in GSkill. I am running 32 GB's of 3200 MHz @ 4000MHz, no problem.

    IN AB on the gpu have you tried the curve method to OC the gpu? This way you can lock the gpu in at a set voltage and go from there. It is how I get my best results. In TS for instance just using AB I was able to get to 2150 on the core. Under the curve method I got to 2205 on the core.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti video card benchmark result - Intel Core i9-7980XE Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX

    How to use the curve method in AB
    https://forums.evga.com/Guide-How-to...-m2820280.aspx

    It gets easier to use as you use it more and for sure should give you better clocks.

    The lack of a jump in score from stock to OC'ed to me means heavy thermal throttling going on most probably. On both the cpu and gpu.

    You guys running 9900K chips, I see them getting amazing scores in gpu benchmarks when setup properly. They can run with just about anything out there. But ya got to keep them cool. Same for gpu. If you are on air you will throttle much much faster than guys on water.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #1518

    @Brawndo

    I think the first thing I did with my 2080ti was flash to a better bios, forget that.
    That helped greatly with the throttling.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #1519

    doorules said: View Post
    @Brawndo

    I think the first thing I did with my 2080ti was flash to a better bios, forget that.
    That helped greatly with the throttling.
    Someday, I might ask you about your flashing technique, as you seem to change it many times, using other brands. Your very good at it too...LoL
    Now for your comments to Brawndo.... EXCELLENT !!! GSkill ram with the Samsung b-die is the only memory I buy.

    You should listen to doorules ...... Brawndo this guy is a master at OC'n his GPU .....just my 2 cents worth.... Commercial is over now.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #1520

    doorules said: View Post
    You should really have that extra cpu power plugged in.

    In my experience it will be a long time before I try anything other than GSkill ram, Samsung b-die is what you are looking for in GSkill. I am running 32 GB's of 3200 MHz @ 4000MHz, no problem.

    IN AB on the gpu have you tried the curve method to OC the gpu? This way you can lock the gpu in at a set voltage and go from there. It is how I get my best results. In TS for instance just using AB I was able to get to 2150 on the core. Under the curve method I got to 2205 on the core.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti video card benchmark result - Intel Core i9-7980XE Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX

    How to use the curve method in AB
    https://forums.evga.com/Guide-How-to...-m2820280.aspx

    It gets easier to use as you use it more and for sure should give you better clocks.

    The lack of a jump in score from stock to OC'ed to me means heavy thermal throttling going on most probably. On both the cpu and gpu.

    You guys running 9900K chips, I see them getting amazing scores in gpu benchmarks when setup properly. They can run with just about anything out there. But ya got to keep them cool. Same for gpu. If you are on air you will throttle much much faster than guys on water.
    I really appreciate all the info man. I'm still learning, like I said I had to switch to an iSheep for a few years because of work. Although my iMac Pro is no slouch, I kinda lost track with the current PC technology.

    Will get back to you with all the tips you provided, appreciate the reply.

    Best,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
This benchmark tests every part of your PC. Post your results here. Download - PassMark PerformanceTest - PC benchmark software The free version works just fine.
Another benchmark in Benchmarking
Just for laughs :P I got nuclear submarine :chuckle: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/796267
DirectX 11.2 overwrote DirectX 12 in Software and Apps
Hello everybody ! I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and got DirectX12 , but when i tried to install a game it automatically overwrote it with 11.2 . Because dx12 is exclusively for windows 10 I can't find anywhere an installer or...
Source A Guy
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:50.
Find Us