Time Spy - DirectX 12 benchmark test

  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,415
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1461

    CPU:
    @5.372GHz
    GPU:
    Memory 11,264 MB
    Core clock 2,145 MHz

    Cold morning, balcony door and bedroom window open(cross breeze)

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti video card benchmark result - Intel Core i9-9900K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	293.5 KB 
ID:	217497
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.   My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,415
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1463

    Interesting data Mike

    My Score: 15350

    GPU:
    Memory 11,264 MB
    Core clock 2,145 MHz
    Memory bus clock 2,050 MHz

    CPU
    Maximum turbo core clock 5,378 MHz


    Your Score: 15357

    GPU
    Memory 11,264 MB
    Core clock 2,115 MHz
    Memory bus clock 2,014 MHz

    CPU
    Maximum turbo core clock 5,116 MHz


    Even though I am higher overclocked, your score is still higher(only 7 points, but nevertheless higher)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,415
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1464

    By the way, my CPU never went above 34C, and my GPU never above 41C
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #1465

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Interesting data Mike

    My Score: 15350

    GPU:
    Memory 11,264 MB
    Core clock 2,145 MHz
    Memory bus clock 2,050 MHz

    CPU
    Maximum turbo core clock 5,378 MHz


    Your Score: 15357

    GPU
    Memory 11,264 MB
    Core clock 2,115 MHz
    Memory bus clock 2,014 MHz

    CPU
    Maximum turbo core clock 5,116 MHz


    Even though I am higher overclocked, your score is still higher(only 7 points, but nevertheless higher)
    Well lots of folks always say our CPU is only a small % of the score, not completely sure this is true. But I am hoping it is, cause I can't oc my 9900k as high as you can.....and it IS the luck of the draw on these 9900k's .....not my MB. Some can just OC higher than others. Plain and simple. Dam it.... You Won the CPU lottery this time, and I lost.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,415
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1466

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Well lots of folks always say our CPU is only a small % of the score, not completely sure this is true. But I am hoping it is, cause I can't oc my 9900k as high as you can.....and it IS the luck of the draw on these 9900k's .....not my MB. Some can just OC higher than others. Plain and simple. Dam it.... You Won the CPU lottery this time, and I lost.
    Look at the GPU overclocks too
    The thing is, there is a point in benchmarking, where raising the all the clocks; brings diminishing returns, and at that point, it's about balancing out where your OCs peaked at individually.
    For example, if your score drops when you raise the GPU core clock, go back, and fiddle with the mem clock, or play with the core voltage(might need to drop some), see if raising or lowering motherboard base clock helps(on most boards it changes the PCIe speed also) and so on.

    I'm just too impatient to go through all that(balancing the system) in one go or day even
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7.    #1467

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Look at the GPU overclocks too
    The thing is, there is a point in benchmarking, where raising the all the clocks; brings diminishing returns, and at that point, it's about balancing out where your OCs peaked at individually.
    For example, if your score drops when you raise the GPU core clock, go back, and fiddle with the mem clock, or play with the core voltage(might need to drop some), see if raising or lowering motherboard base clock helps(on most boards it changes the PCIe speed also) and so on.

    I'm just too impatient to go through all that(balancing the system) in one go or day even
    Yes on all the above Cliff, been doing it that way for a long time.....and yes, you got to have lots of patience to say the least.

    Unless your like Dave and have lots of tricks you can use ....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,415
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1468

    I did some looking at the leader boards, and on a couple, there are way lower clocked 8700Ks paired with lower clocked 1080Ti's putting my system to shame
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    #1469

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I did some looking at the leader boards, and on a couple, there are way lower clocked 8700Ks paired with lower clocked 1080Ti's putting my system to shame
    There seems to be lots of tricks to getting these high scores Cliff.....and we don't know any of them .....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,415
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1470

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    There seems to be lots of tricks to getting these high scores Cliff.....and we don't know any of them .....
    Oh well.
    I use benchmarks(when I run them months later) to really check my system, if the thermal poop is still doing it's job, have I dropped clocks(silicone degradation, then I need to lower the OC & voltage so the ceases), maybe a BIOS update was it, or the lateset spectre/meltdown fix, and so on.
    Plus it's just plain fun
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
This benchmark tests every part of your PC. Post your results here. Download - PassMark PerformanceTest - PC benchmark software The free version works just fine.
Another benchmark in Benchmarking
Just for laughs :P I got nuclear submarine :chuckle: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/796267
DirectX 11.2 overwrote DirectX 12 in Software and Apps
Hello everybody ! I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and got DirectX12 , but when i tried to install a game it automatically overwrote it with 11.2 . Because dx12 is exclusively for windows 10 I can't find anywhere an installer or...
Source A Guy
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:59.
Find Us