Macrium and AOMEI...but Veeam Free?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,018
    Windows10
       #11

    tulving said:
    Well, it seems now Macrium free 7 version is also for commercial use! [emoji3]
    Yes - this was introduced with version 7.1. I assume this is because key competitors were offering it free and given intent is for companies to use it, like it and realise they should upgrade to paid versions, this makes sense.
      My Computer

  2. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 3,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 - 19041 - 264 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #12

    tulving said:
    Well, I think I'm going to use Veeam free agent for Windows in my company laptop, since is free also for commercial use (Macrium free is only for personal use, and AOMEI free some people reported issues in distarer recovery situations), and in my personal home laptop I will use Macrium Free.
    That's because my IT company department is only focused on servers backup and not too much on clients, they don't even create system images for quickly restore pc clients with the company apps, they prefer to loose time reinstalling the factory image and wait for all Windows updates, driver updates, reinstalling apps (I know it's silly...) so I want to manage this by my own, without any cost.

    Thank you very much guys, for all your precious points of view and suggestions!
    One serious word of advice, make sure you get agreement in writing from the IT Manager/Director before you use any non sanctioned system software on your Company Supplied Laptop, As this is considered Serious Breach of Rules and company Policy in Most companies, and in Most I have worked for or with is considered a Job Termination Offence.

    Making the case for use of Images rather than simple re-installation, to the Company management is a good and valid point but doing this without sanction is a dangerous course of action
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 37
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Barman58 said:
    One serious word of advice, make sure you get agreement in writing from the IT Manager/Director before you use any non sanctioned system software on your Company Supplied Laptop, As this is considered Serious Breach of Rules and company Policy in Most companies, and in Most I have worked for or with is considered a Job Termination Offence.

    Making the case for use of Images rather than simple re-installation, to the Company management is a good and valid point but doing this without sanction is a dangerous course of action
    Yes, I've told him, and since he knows the company since he uses the pro version for managing our virtual servers, he said I can install if it's free for commercial use.
      My Computers

  4. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 3,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 - 19041 - 264 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #14

    Good to hear but I'd be tempted to make sure that the agreement is documented for your own protection in future - IT Managers change and It's often said That "Verbal agreements are not worth the paper they're written on"
      My Computers

  5. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,018
    Windows10
       #15

    Barman58 said:
    Good to hear but I'd be tempted to make sure that the agreement is documented for your own protection in future - IT Managers change and It's often said That "Verbal agreements are not worth the paper they're written on"
    OP could just download following to a flash drive and just create a second bootable flash drive using
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

    and then nothing is installed on Company PC, and just boot from that whenever OP wants to make backups.

    That pre-supposes bios is not locked down with a password of course.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 37
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Barman58 said:
    Good to hear but I'd be tempted to make sure that the agreement is documented for your own protection in future - IT Managers change and It's often said That "Verbal agreements are not worth the paper they're written on"
    Yes, I've email that prove it. I've installed it and scheduled 2 full backups weekly, on Tuesday and Thursday at 5:29 pm, so I don't need to use the flash drive option. Thanks for your suggestions guys. [emoji6]
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 1,418
       #17

    community.spiceworks.com's data backup and data recovery forum mention Veeam a lot, with lots of useful information about Veeam.
      My Computer

  8. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,018
    Windows10
       #18

    RolandJS said:
    community.spiceworks.com's data backup and data recovery forum mention Veeam a lot, with lots of useful information about Veeam.
    I have a big issue with Veeam as it does not faithfully restore pc identically to backup.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,418
       #19

    cereberus said:
    I have a big issue with Veeam as it does not faithfully restore pc identically to backup.
    That's one reason I mentioned spiceworks, there are folks there who will attempt to help others get Veeam working correctly.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:11.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums