Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    3 Weeks Ago #21
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,713
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bertie11 View Post
    I've just installed Macrium Reflect 7.1.2.646 but when I created my rescue CD after building the PE stuff, when I came to test it the screen image on the interface was way too big to see all the options on the first page. The only resolution offered was 640x380 with no other option to make the page display smaller characters.

    And the only way I could close the page down was by forcing a turn-off by holding the start button down!

    Any suggestions please, as I'm very reluctant to go any further! I used a C and I wondering if I needed a DVD although it did tell ne the burn had finished.



    Thanks.

    I do not get asked what resolution to use. I just keep hitting next till it starts to burn. I do use a DVD though but I doubt that is the problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    3 Weeks Ago #22
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,713
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    3 Weeks Ago #23
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 109
    Win 10 64 AU

    Sorry, I meant that when the CD loaded and came to the main interface screen the characters were way too big. I used 'View' which gave me a drop down which only offered 640x380. I didn't mean before the burn.

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    3 Weeks Ago #24
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,713
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bertie11 View Post
    Sorry, I meant that when the CD loaded and came to the main interface screen the characters were way too big. I used 'View' which gave me a drop down which only offered 640x380. I didn't mean before the burn.

    Thanks.
    So when you boot from the CD it only shows that 640x380 Resolution?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    3 Weeks Ago #25
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 109
    Win 10 64 AU

    Just saw the post about Lenovo. I use an HP Envy 15" laptop and I'm not using a USB stick.

    I have the very latest Windows 10 build, up to date, as are all drivers, as far as I know.

    Am I the muggins who's found another bug I wonder?
    Thanks.

    Yes to your last query.
    Last edited by bertie11; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:54. Reason: Additional info
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    3 Weeks Ago #26
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,713
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bertie11 View Post
    Just saw the post about Lenovo. I use an HP Envy 15" laptop and I'm not using a USB stick.

    I have the very latest Windows 10 build, up to date, as are all drivers, as far as I know.

    Am I the muggins who's found another bug I wonder?
    Thanks.

    Yes to your last query.
    Maybe go to the Control panel and perform a repair on MR and then burn another one. If that does not work contact Support or their forum. I am not on The FCU and use a PC so it could be doing this to all Laptops??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    3 Weeks Ago #27
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,877
    Windows10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bertie11 View Post
    I've just installed Macrium Reflect 7.1.2.646 but when I created my rescue CD after building the PE stuff, when I came to test it the screen image on the interface was way too big to see all the options on the first page. The only resolution offered was 640x380 with no other option to make the page display smaller characters.

    And the only way I could close the page down was by forcing a turn-off by holding the start button down!

    Any suggestions please, as I'm very reluctant to go any further! I used a C and I wondering if I needed a DVD although it did tell ne the burn had finished.

    Thanks.
    This is a problem with some older bioses not being compatible with win pe10.

    When you create the Rescue media, you can select to use an older version. On my laptop, I had to use Win PE 4.

    An older Win PE only normally affects advanced options like backing up over a network.

    It does not impact normal backups to local or usb drives.

    Basically, try win pe 5, then win pe 4 etc and see if screen resolution problems gets solved.

    There is another solution if this does not work but more cumbersome.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	160372 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	160373
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    3 Weeks Ago #28
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 109
    Win 10 64 AU

    I'm using the free version , I assume I won't get support. Not sure how to perform a repair on MR?

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    3 Weeks Ago #29
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,713
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bertie11 View Post
    I'm using the free version , I assume I won't get support. Not sure how to perform a repair on MR?

    Thanks.
    I would try what Cereberus posted but to do a repair just click on the program and choose repair in add remove programs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    3 Weeks Ago #30
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 109
    Win 10 64 AU

    I'm currently downloading PE v5. I don't get 'Repair' in add/remove programs. I don't recall ever seeing it. Win 10 Home here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?
Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even...
Backup and Restore
does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?
to create an image of my ssd which contain my windows 10 all of my programs all of my data and my images etc so I can backup and restore without the need to reinstall everything or the paid home version is better ?
Backup and Restore
can macrium reflect free read backup created with a previous version ?
I'm using macrium reflect free V6 6.1.1225 and there is a new version 6.1.1311 will my old backups work if I update it ? also which is better uninstall macrium and download the new version or just update ?
Backup and Restore
Solved Macrium reflect free compatibility
Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive...
Backup and Restore
Solved New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid
MR Source An award winning disk cloning and imaging solution for free. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and e-mails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in...
Backup and Restore
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums