Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Mar 2017 #41
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 2,083
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)

    Have you considered a SSD drive which will be far faster than a HDD? Work out how much storage space you really need and look at the SSD prices that suit you. I swapped the 1T HDD on my Dell laptop for a 500GB Samsung SSD and I still have tons of free space.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    05 Mar 2017 #42
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Have you considered a SSD drive which will be far faster than a HDD? Work out how much storage space you really need and look at the SSD prices that suit you. I swapped the 1T HDD on my Dell laptop for a 500GB Samsung SSD and I still have tons of free space.
    What does a sad drive do different from hdd drive?Steve.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Mar 2017 #43
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,460
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyoaks777 View Post
    What does a sad drive do different from hdd drive?Steve.
    Biggest difference is SSD's are VERY FAST ....much faster than any HDD Holly ...
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    05 Mar 2017 #44
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Biggest difference is SSD's are VERY FAST ....much faster than any HDD Holly ...
    Thanks. Is it just a faster boot up?or faster at everything when your OS is up and running?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    05 Mar 2017 #45
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,460
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyoaks777 View Post
    Thanks. Is it just a faster boot up?or faster at everything when your OS is up and running?
    Faster on Everything you do.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    05 Mar 2017 #46
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Faster on Everything you do.
    Thanks Mike.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    05 Mar 2017 #47
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,460
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Do a Google search for SSD vs HDD and read some of the articles on the differences between the two drives. Another point for SSD's they have No Moving parts Holly, can be more dependable Than an HDD.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    05 Mar 2017 #48
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Do a Google search for SSD vs HDD and read some of the articles on the differences between the two drives. Another point for SSD's they have No Moving parts Holly, can be more dependable Than an HDD.
    What's the best out of these please and it's a 2.5inch I need correct? I was looking at the Toshiba one. Does it have 8gb of ram?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    05 Mar 2017 #49
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,460
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyoaks777 View Post
    What's the best out of these please and it's a 2.5inch I need correct? I was looking at the Toshiba one. Does it have 8gb of ram?
    Samsung is Top of the line .....many choices for you to choose from thou SSD has nothing to do with Ram, memory.
    You would also need one of these because of the difference in size between the two types. SSD / HDD

    Amazon.com: Sabrent 2.5 Inch to 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Disk Drive Mounting Kit (BK-HDDH): Computers & Accessories
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    05 Mar 2017 #50
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Samsung is Top of the line .....many choices for you to choose from thou SSD has nothing to do with Ram, memory.
    You would also need one of these because of the difference in size between the two types. SSD / HDD

    Amazon.com: Sabrent 2.5 Inch to 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Disk Drive Mounting Kit (BK-HDDH): Computers & Accessories
    So am I right in thinking that 2.5 inch is not the correct size I need.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Restoring Windows 10 PC from Seagate External Drive
I just got my laptop back from having the fan replaced and the data has been wiped. I thought this wouldn't be an issue because I'd made a backup using the Seagate dashboard program, but as it turns out, none of my programs will transfer over. I...
General Support
Solved USB 3.0 Seagate SATA External Hard Drive Not Recognized Win. 10
I recently purchased a Seagate Momentus 5400.6 hard drive and a Sabrent USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive flat docking station to connect via usb to my Dell XPS L702x laptop. Upon putting the hard drive in the external enclosure and connecting to my laptop...
Drivers and Hardware
I bought Orico Hard drive housing
Is there anyway I can make this bootable as I have my dell hard Drive in it. And display went on dell on second hard drive Etc. It's far to old to sink any more money into it so I bought a new one with Windows 10 Home upgrade. I would prefer to have...
Installation and Upgrade
External 1TB hard drive(Iomega - seagate inside) RAW drive - HELP
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and post that It was working fine without any issues. I have two external drive connected to it. 1. 1 TB Iomega powered drive. - now RAW 2. 2TB seagate external drive. The 1tb drive suddenly became RAW and I...
Drivers and Hardware
Seagate External Drive Not Waking
I have a Seagate external drive that I save my backups to. I run my backup around midnight, when the computer has not been used for a good 5-6 hours. I have been getting errors with the backup that the drive has not been accessible and thus the...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums