Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    21 Dec 2016 #11
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    New Zealand
    Posts : 30
    win 10 Pro Insider

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,



    No, I don't think so.
    Try to routinely have MR verify the image once it's done.
    I never have encountered a bad image but it can happen nonetheless.

    The patch is mainly an update to make the best of what W10 14393 (AKA 1607) has to offer actually.
    The changelog tells you more.

    Cheers,
    I checked it when it was done. made the Win PE usb stick went to use it to go back and it errored on 78%. I have checked the HDD i put it onto and it's good as is the one I am rebuilding the computer with. Oh well it's a clean install now lol So i may sell that box..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Dec 2016 #12
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 239
    trying to install win10

    Select Custom, then browse to a copy of winre.wim and macrium will use it instead of downloading all that stuff.
    You can find winre.wim in the hidden recovery folder on your drive. If you are running 1607 or newer, then winre.wim will be 1607 or newer.

    (Other imaging programs look for winre.wim to make their boot media, e.g. Aomei and Paragon. )

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CUSTOMWIM.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	114433


    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,



    Care to elaborate on that as I'm not sure I follow.

    TIA,
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Dec 2016 #13
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 288
    windows 10 (x64) Home 1709

    Recently I made a recovery USB stick from latest macrium reflect free. How to know what wim it contains?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Dec 2016 #14
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,258
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Select Custom, then browse to a copy of winre.wim and macrium will use it instead of downloading all that stuff.
    You can find winre.wim in the hidden recovery folder on your drive. If you are running 1607 or newer, then winre.wim will be 1607 or newer.

    (Other imaging programs look for winre.wim to make their boot media, e.g. Aomei and Paragon. )

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CUSTOMWIM.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	114433
    Good idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    22 Dec 2016 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,258
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by lvgandhi View Post
    Recently I made a recovery USB stick from latest macrium reflect free. How to know what wim it contains?
    From command prompt (admin) :

    Code:
    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim /index:1
    Replace the part in italic with your path and *.wim file name.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    22 Dec 2016 #16
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 288
    windows 10 (x64) Home 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,



    From command prompt (admin) :

    Code:
    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim /index:1
    Replace the part in italic with your path and *.wim file name.

    Cheers,
    I don't have install.wim. I have Boot.wim.
    The result is as follows.
    ----------------------------------
    C:\Windows\system32>dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:G:\sources\Boot.wim /index:1

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.14393.0

    Details for image : G:\sources\Boot.wim

    Index : 1
    Name : Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
    Description : Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
    Size : 1,265,983,097 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.10240
    ServicePack Build : 16384
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : WindowsPE
    Installation : WindowsPE
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite :
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 3074
    Files : 13091
    Created : 10/07/2015 - 17:01:57
    Modified : 20/12/2016 - 19:47:23
    Languages :
    en-US (Default)

    The operation completed successfully.
    -----------------------------
    I have winver 14393.576. Is the wim corresponds to that or not? I think version shown is 10240 not 14393. Am I correct? If so how to get latest wim?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    22 Dec 2016 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,258
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    I don't have install.wim. I have Boot.wim.
    Which is why I said:

    Replace the part in italic with your path and *.wim file name.
    I have winver 14393.576. Is the wim corresponds to that or not? I think version shown is 10240 not 14393. Am I correct? If so how to get latest wim?
    Access Denied Ignore this message from MS.

    But why not let Macruim create the files for you ?

    Cheers,
    Last edited by fdegrove; 22 Dec 2016 at 12:16.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    22 Dec 2016 #18
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 288
    windows 10 (x64) Home 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,



    Which is why I said:





    Access Denied Ignore this message from MS.

    But why not let Macruim create the files for you ?

    Cheers,
    Yes. I understood your guidance regarding *.wim. Hence I used Boot.wim.
    I did not get message Access Denied.
    I would like to know whether version shown as result of Dism on USB is different from on laptop?
    I just used Macrium to create rescue media. It created the media.
    Where and what am I missing in letting Macrium create files?
    Last edited by lvgandhi; 23 Dec 2016 at 02:00.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    23 Dec 2016 #19
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 2,263
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)

    Quote Originally Posted by lvgandhi View Post
    I don't have install.wim. I have Boot.wim.
    The result is as follows.
    ----------------------------------
    C:\Windows\system32>dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:G:\sources\Boot.wim /index:1

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.14393.0

    Details for image : G:\sources\Boot.wim

    Index : 1
    Name : Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
    Description : Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
    Size : 1,265,983,097 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.10240
    ServicePack Build : 16384
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : WindowsPE
    Installation : WindowsPE
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite :
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 3074
    Files : 13091
    Created : 10/07/2015 - 17:01:57
    Modified : 20/12/2016 - 19:47:23
    Languages :
    en-US (Default)

    The operation completed successfully.
    -----------------------------
    I have winver 14393.576. Is the wim corresponds to that or not? I think version shown is 10240 not 14393. Am I correct? If so how to get latest wim?
    I let Reflect update the USB drive and have the same versions as you report. Do we have the correct set-up? I also noted the reported language is en-US (default). Is that an issue since I'm running the English International version of Windows being based in the UK?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    23 Dec 2016 #20
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,258
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    It will still work fine, it's just not up to date.

    Let MR update your rescue media and after that it should read like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MACRIUM_PE.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Macrium Reflect Download
I went to the Macrium website to download Macrium Reflect and found that there is a "trial" version and a "full" version. I've seen it posted on this forum that Macrium Reflect is free, but this doesn't seem to be accurate. Am I missing something?
Backup and Restore
Solved Macrium Reflect keeps asking for password?
I had been running Reflect for a while using v6, being able to schedule backups without having to enter a password but then I (foolishly?) updated my Windows 10 to the Anniversary build. Now, whenever I try to schedule a backup it keeps saying...
Backup and Restore
New Macrium Reflect Update
New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225
Backup and Restore
UAC blocking Macrium Reflect
Hi, I have been using Macrium Reflect for several years. All of a sudden UAC pops up to get permission to run the application. This also happens overnight when my backups run. This causes the backup to just sit there waiting for me to allow. I...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Solved Macrium Reflect error help?
Hi All, I have the latest free version of Macrium Reflect. I think that I can only get support from the Macrium site with the full paid version. Since the big Windows 10 update last week, I seem to be getting errors in the backup logs. I have...
Backup and Restore
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums