Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Macrium Reflect Scheduler Problem
Win 10 Anniversary Update + Reflect Scheduler woes
I can definitively say there is an issue - two different machines, same outcome. I had to re-create my scheduled jobs from the XML definitions and wipe out the old scheduled jobs as they stopped firing after the update. Not only that, they couldn't even be kicked off manually....attempting to execute any of the pre-existing jobs resulted in nothing happening.
Good news is the new entries work flawlessly. Rip and replace...path of least resistance for me. After reading the other replies here, I see there was another option but I prefer the job schedule/task entries to be sitting visible in Macrium so am still happy with my approach.
I am having issues also, but mine is running twice. I have differential backup schedule to run daily and it runs when scheduled, but as soon as it is done it runs again. two backup files are produced.
Here's a thread on it:
Schedules no longer work after Anniversary Update
There seems to be a temporary workaround mentioned, I think on page 2.
On page 4 of simrick's url above, there is a solution that works for me - it is:
"Experienced same*Reflect Version 6*issue after Win 10 Anniversary Update. Can't explain the connection or logic, but changing Win 10 Task Scheduler General Tab*"Security options"*entry for Macrium Reflect "Run only when user is logged on" fixed the schedule problem. Until Macrium resolves this issue, here are band aid steps that worked for 4 PCs:
1. Open Windows 10 Task Scheduler
2. Select Macrium Reflect Library item (Backup Schedule*Task)
3. Open Properties for this item
4. Select "General" Tab
5. Under Security option, click/select "Run only when user is logged on"
6. Did not change "Configure for:" drop down to Windows 10 as it seemed to delete the Reflect schedule entry.
Trust this helps you!"
If you are going to use a solution from an external source please provide a link rather than transcribe the whole solution. This is a courtesy to the other site thank you
Link to post
Sorry - will do in future. Sorry, jJust trying to help.
Not a problem, we insist on others who share our content do it this way so try to reciprocate
Why was this issue not spotted in the extensive software testing prior to the release of the Anniversary Edition since Macrium Reflect is widely used?
Actually it was, MR knew there was an issue, they expected MS to fix the API, and they didn't, MR really dropped the ball on this one. I'm still in shock they have been so on top of thing for the last few years.
Steve C said:
I only updated one computer my test and play with computer. So I'll wait on the others.
Points I've taken so far from this Thread
1. The Definitions may be moved to the Window.old file Answer would be to move them out and back where they go
2. Work around changing windows task manager, properties from 2000 ets to Windows 10. If you do you lose all your definitions from MR interface
3. Another user told us we can just change properties in Windows task manager to "Run only when user is online"
I'm going to check out 1 and try 3 I'll post back tomorrow to late for tonight.
Edit 1. my definitions were correctly in my profile
2. I don't want to have to recreate my definitions once MR fixes the issue
3. Changing the property to Run Only when user is logged on. On saving after selecting the back up started up. This seems to Possible be the temp answer?
Last edited by Clintlgm; 04 Aug 2016 at 20:09.
Macrium Reflect v7.0.2089
21 March 2017
Changelog version 7:
What's New v7.0.2089 - 21st March 2017
The scheduled, daily image failed the 28 and 29 both with the error couldn't find the *.xml file. The backup had been doing fine for the past 3 or so weeks. Coincidentally, the program didn't recognize the user name or password. The user name was...
New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated
Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device...
I have the free Macrium Reflect 6 program, which recently updated to 6.1.879.
When I try to make a USB rescue media, it says that an update has been found for my Windows PE files???
How do I update that?
The program itself is up to...