Windows 10: Error 0x80070422 When Trying System Restore
Error 0x80070422 When Trying System Restore
Hi.Have Lenovo D30 trying to do a system restore point but keep getting error 0x80070422.Any help appreciated ?By no means am I a computer expert.Thanks
If you have a third party resident antivirus program, try disabling it.
- type Notepad in the Start Search box, and then click Notepad in the Programs list.
- Copy the following text, and then paste the text into Notepad:sc config wuauserv start= auto
sc config bits start= auto
sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net start DcomLaunch
- Click File, click Save As, and then type Repair.bat.
- In the Save as type box, click All Files (*.*).
- In the Save in box, click Desktop, and then click Save.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
- Right -click the Repair.bat file that you saved in step 5, and then click Run as administrator. This action starts the required services.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Try to install the updates again. If you can install the updates, delete the Repair.bat file. To delete the Repair.bat file, right-click Repair.bat, click Delete, and then click Yes..
Sounds like Volume Shadow Copy has been disabled.
a. Click Start and type Services and hit Enter.
b. Make sure these services are set accordingly:
c. Right click the services and click Properties.
i. Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) - "Manual"
ii. Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider (SWPRV) - "Manual"
iii. Remote Procedure Call (RPCSS) - "Automatic"
iv. COM+ Event System (eventsystem) - "Manual" & "Automatic"
v. System Event Notification Service (sens) - "Automatic"
vi. Windows Backup – “Manual”
d. Reboot computer and check.
Alternatively, if you prefer to keep Volume Shadow Copy disabled but want something akin to WSR, you could always grab a freeware alternative like Comodo Time Machine or Rollback Rx.
Now get error your computer system files settings were not changed.Not enough room on disc.There is room.Also how do you set for both manual and automatic as suggested for com+ Event system
Now get error not enough space on disk 0x80070070 ?
This is for system restore not updates ??
Did this from suggestion in post above
Any other ideas for error 0x80070070.i know there's enough space on disc
x080070070 Error When Doing System Restore
Get error code x80070070 when trying to do a system restore point ?
So I try to restore any point and get an error:
I have turned off Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.
I also did a sfc /scannow with no integrity violations.
Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit... Any suggestions?
24 hours of frustration in to this issue:mad:
it appears that my laptop updated on the 10th as I see a restore point but it ran out of juice around this time and after recharging it now won't boot I just get the blue screen with rotating dots.
A couple of days ago I made a system image backup (there were no error messages that it was unsuccessful), now I need to restore it, I boot Windows 10 DVD, point to a network location and start the restore, but after an hour or so, at the end it...
When I use my system restore I get preparing for system restore screen then goes to blue screen either
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. On 10.0.10586
Windows 10 getting worse by the day.
I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 a couple days ago , and upon trying to create a new backup I ran into two problems:
1. I am not allowed to save my system image to my secondary HDD. Windows seems to think my OS is installed on my HDD,...