Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
  1.    10 Oct 2017 #931
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 13,288
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    If anyone is having an issue with this version, 7.1.2638, concerning USB drives and failing Eject function, I found a fix. At first I thought it was the Cumulative today, but it's a component in MR. When going to Eject a thumb or ext drive, write cache enabled or not, a Windows error box appears stating something has the device in use. Even when you know that is not true. You can restart and disconnect the device before the system comes back up, or you can go into Disk Management and take it "Off Line" and it will eject. Neither is practical.

    I completely uninstalled Macrium (using Revo), all bits and pieces, and got the full installer:

    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything

    Then, when installing, I un-checked the box for "Install CBT", the Changed Block Tracker. Now, all USB devices respond correctly to Eject, and give the toast notification that it's safe to remove. I imagine there will be another MR update in the near future, but this is a workaround for now. Something was changed in CBT as a bug fix in this release and broke something else.

    Macrium Reflect Patch Details

    Attachment 157437
    Good catch TC. I tried to rep you, but have to spread the love around a bit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Oct 2017 #932
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 30,491
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Good catch TC. I tried to rep you, but have to spread the love around a bit.
    Thanks, simrick!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    10 Oct 2017 #933
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 18,587
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Good catch TC. I tried to rep you, but have to spread the love around a bit.
    I tried to, and I haven't given a rep in some time, but it told me I have to spread it around too. Not fair at all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    13 Oct 2017 #934
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 42,648
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    New Update to fix the CBT issue is out, does require a reboot after installing this patch. @Cliff S


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MR_Update2.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	157886


    Macrium Reflect Patch Details
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    13 Oct 2017 #935
    Join Date : May 2015
    Smyrna, TN
    Posts : 318
    Win 10 Pro 64

    Thanks for sharing this info......just solved my problems trying to figure out why I could not safely remove my external drives.....



    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    If anyone is having an issue with this version, 7.1.2638, concerning USB drives and failing Eject function, I found a fix. At first I thought it was the Cumulative today, but it's a component in MR. When going to Eject a thumb or ext drive, write cache enabled or not, a Windows error box appears stating something has the device in use. Even when you know that is not true. You can restart and disconnect the device before the system comes back up, or you can go into Disk Management and take it "Off Line" and it will eject. Neither is practical.

    I completely uninstalled Macrium (using Revo), all bits and pieces, and got the full installer:

    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything

    Then, when installing, I un-checked the box for "Install CBT", the Changed Block Tracker. Now, all USB devices respond correctly to Eject, and give the toast notification that it's safe to remove. I imagine there will be another MR update in the near future, but this is a workaround for now. Something was changed in CBT as a bug fix in this release and broke something else.

    Macrium Reflect Patch Details

    Attachment 157437


    EDIT: Perma link to the post I made on Macrium Forums, replying to another MR Forum member. You can follow if you wish. Posting requires registration, but all you need is your key.

    Problem ejecting USB mass storage device
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    13 Oct 2017 #936
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 42,648
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    Thanks for sharing this info......just solved my problems trying to figure out why I could not safely remove my external drives.....
    The New update for Macrium just released would have fixed your issue ....
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    13 Oct 2017 #937
    Join Date : May 2015
    Smyrna, TN
    Posts : 318
    Win 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    The New update for Macrium just released would have fixed your issue ....
    Yeah, but just did a fresh install yesterday and had not run Reflect until an hour or so ago......once I saw this post I ran Reflect and checked for update and there it was.........happy camper knowing the problem is solved now..
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    13 Oct 2017 #938
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 42,648
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    Yeah, but just did a fresh install yesterday and had not run Reflect until an hour or so ago......once I saw this post I ran Reflect and checked for update and there it was.........happy camper knowing the problem is solved now..
    Great news glad it fixed your issue, there is also a new updated WinPE from MR too. I updated mine after installing the patch.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    13 Oct 2017 #939
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,543
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter

    Thanks @OldMike65, first post updated, and the thread in Eight Forums too
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    13 Oct 2017 #940
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts : 290
    Windows 10 Pro 1709 16299.192

    Just a quick warning, after installing today's patch (2646) from M.R. It turned MIG back on. I don't know if something got unfixed, but after turning it off, and performing system reboot, it was back on. I thought M.R. fixed that in a earlier fix this week ???? Just way to many updates.

    Note - MIG is un-installed again permanently.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Macrium Reflect...
Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it...
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect errors.
Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or...
General Support
Installation & Upgrade Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot
If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact it is much more, giving more than any other free imaging solution....
Tutorials
New Macrium Reflect Update
New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect FAILED
Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in...
Backup and Restore
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums